Chapter 55: I Miss You

Alexander's POV

Present time

Relief was the first feeling I had when I saw Tiara unharmed. She was alive. She was breathing. I knew she was alive because I could feel if her heartbeat stopped but still seeing her safe with my own eyes beat all. The second thing I felt was the problem. Rage, so intense I didn't know I was still capable of feeling toward my Tiara and I knew that I'd hurt her beyond repair if I didn't calm myself down immediately.

"For a man who stole another man's wife, you act too honorable."

The shocked expression on Arzhan's face made me calm down a little. I had the upper hand. There was no need to fret. I was going to take what belonged to me even if I had to burn this place down. Playing the good guy didn't suit me from the beginning. It seemed now I should let go of even that little humanity.

"Alexander."

This woman is going to be the end of me. Her voice was shaking with fear. I expected that. What I didn't expect was the happiness hiding in the depth of her voice.

I looked at her. She was crying and shaking but there was anticipation in those eyes.

She was waiting for me.

"Did I break you beyond repair already that you are waiting for your abuser this eagerly?" The words came out without me having any control to stop them.

'Shut your mouth. She's meant to be yours. Why are you questioning it?'

"Alexander." she said again like it was the only word she could manage at this moment.

"Come to me right now and I'll show mercy to you this time."

No. It wasn't what I wanted to tell her. What I really wanted to say...

"Do you even know the meaning of that word?"

She finally said and her smirk while saying that burnt the last straw of my sanity.

"Oh, do you even know the catastrophe that will befall you if I don't?" I retorted back.

She grimaced, "Is there anything you haven't tried on me yet? We can write a book with all of the things you did to me and name it '101 ways to make someone suffer'."

"The fact that you can joke around like this means you were having fun these past few days."

"Of course. I was cherished here unlike somewhere."

So she was going to play like this. It takes two to tango.

"Such a place that cherishes an unfaithful woman like you should be burnt to ashes. Don't you think my cheater of a wife?"

Arzhan seemed to notice the threat in my voice because even though he was silent all this time suddenly he shielded Tiara with his body. Did this vermin think I was going to hurt my Tiara?

"Unfaithful? Cheater? How can you say those words to me, you ungrateful bastard?"

Tiara moved from behind Arzhan so I could see her clearly again. Her voice shook and she looked angry.

"The truth irked you, my dear queen?"

"What?"

"People always say men are feeble creatures but it seems women can be way more heartless. You don't even feel an ounce of shame after getting caught red-handed."

"Alexander Lavier." This time it was Arzhan who shouted my name.

"The adulterer finally speaks."

"Do you even understand the words you are spewing in your fit of anger?" He stood in front of me. Defending my woman in front of me.