Chapter 53: The Sinner And His Guilt Part I

Alexander's POV

Two weeks ago,
The royal palace,
Labuty Kingdom

"Execution?"

Frederick shouted while jumping from his seat. Can't he be a little quieter? Always going on my nerve.

"Relax. It's not like I really want to have your little head rolling in the ground."

"Even if it's a trap, it won't work. I told you she didn't run away. You can't make her come to you by your usual way of threatening her with my life."

Usual way? He is outright mocking me right now. The fucking son of a bitch. I wish I could execute him for real. But right now he has found an extra fan.

"I know that people who spend their lives on the battlefield have no brains but can you at least listen? I don't have time to spend on an empty-headed person like you." I sighed.

He scrutinized me for another second before sitting down again.

"There is a person who is making trouble for me for quite some time now. Selling information about the kingdom's inner affairs, interfering while hiding behind the scene, Information that I had no idea how he could have access to."

"What it has to do with Tiara's disappearance?

"Tiara once told me what if that person isn't an outsider? You know want it means right?"

His eyes grew wide looking at me in disbelief, "A rat."

"A rat." I repeated.

He exclaimed, "Who would dare betray you? That's suicide."

"It's not only one. A single rat can't cause this much damage, but a group can chew your flesh. So I speculate that the big scary rat kidnapped my wife with the help of pathetic little ones. As you can see her maid disappeared too. There is no reason for a kidnapper to trouble himself and kidnap an insufficient maid."

He stayed silent for a moment before saying, "You mean there are still more spies in the court?"

"Yes, and I think the leader isn't in the palace right now. He couldn't have possibly made those huge troubles and kidnapped my wife while appearing in front of me every day. No matter how good you are, when someone betrays another there will always be signs in their simple acts. I would never miss those signs. So we need the other rats to lead us to the mastermind."

"You can call me stupid again but what is it have to with my fake execution?"

I sighed again. What did my intelligent cousin see in this retard.

"Why should someone risk their life and betray me?" I asked, hoping he can grasp what I'm trying to say. If I want this plan to work I need him to be on the same page as me.

"Bringing you down, probably." He answered.

"And why would someone kidnap my wife for that purpose?"

"Maybe they think she has information that might help them." He said.

"The one I'm talking about is someone who is playing with me for months I don't think he has that kind of absurd idea that I gave information to a prisoner of war that I married forcibly and the same woman who sleeps every night beside me while planning how to kill me."

"Then what?" He got frustrated.

"What is the biggest mistake that can beat a commander into the ground while in war?"

He thought for a second and then answered, "Usually when they lose their calm and don't think rationally..."

He stopped talking before shouting again, "Shit."