Chapter 37: The Past Part ll

Third Person's POV

"Bow down. His majesty the king is in front of you."

Aurelius, the king of Labuty looked at the line of small and big children bowing in front of him. Some of the faces were literally glued to the floor.
It was a usual sight for him. Everyone feared the power that he had.

Everyone feared him but every one of them tried to win his favor. It's human nature to bow down to the strong and trample on the weak.
He didn't care about these dirty peasants. The only reason he was here today was that he was unable to conceive children.

He first thought was that it was the useless queen's problem but even after sleeping with so many concubines, none of them got pregnant.

So he was here today to adopt a son and teach him the way to rule and tell everyone that he is indeed his own son. In that way, he could ensure that the dynasty will be secure with his family name on it.

As he was scanning the worthless peasants he heard a very loud but soft voice.

"A king? Did he come from fairy tales?" A girl chirped and the administrator gasped and prayed in her heart that no harm comes to this innocent girl.

She knew how cruel the king can get.

Aurelius was annoyed. How dare a fucking dirty peasant disgrace him like this?

He was thinking about how he would punish her? Maybe even execute her for disrespecting the royals.

But the next moment his eyes fell on a little girl. She was the only one who didn't bow down. She was just looking at him with admiration in her beautiful green eyes. Like a forest nymph.

It was normal for him to see the admiration in people's eyes but none was genuine but this girl was sincere.
He knew that this girl was just naive but it still made him smile a little and feel comfortable in his heart.

Suddenly the boy that was beside her grabbed her hand firmly and whispered.

"Bow down doll. Are you tired of living?"

The girl just looked at him puzzled.

"Please forgive us, my king. She is just a naive child. She doesn't know the importance of your title. I beg for your mercy." The boy said while looking at him straight with defiance in his eyes.

No one ever dared to look at him like that.

This boy really reminded him of himself when he was at that age and on top of that, the boy's features resembled him a lot.

Such an interesting pair of children.

He looked at the little girl once more.
She was still looking at him while smiling like a fool.

The King didn't say anything and just turned around and left.

The administrator sighed in relief and followed the king.

"My king please forgive their insolence." She begged again. She couldn't believe that the king just let it go.

"Send all the boys above the age of five in this orphanage to the office one by one. We want to choose the best."

"Yes, my king."

The administrator wanted to go out when she heard the king.

"And send that girl too."

She shivered. Did he want to punish her?

"My king please..."

Aurelius cut her off, "Shut your mouth and do your job before we burn your orphanage to ashes."