Chapter 25: Bloody Feast

Tiara's POV

Alexander and I came to the hall. I'm literally hanging from his arm.

"May Almighty God bless you, our king and queen." The aristocrats kneeled and said in unison.

Hypocritical bastards. They would stab me to death if they could.

Alexander sat on his golden throne. I wanted to sit on mine when he grabbed my arm and put me on his lap.

I'm embarrassed. So embarrassed. He took me as his queen but now was acting like I am his concubine, and besides, I still had that damn collar on my neck. It will definitely hinder my commending power in the future. Maybe it was his intention from the start, to make me a powerless queen.

"Raise" He ordered and all the people in the hall stood up.

"Since we weren't participating in the last feast, we decided to hold another one. You may enjoy yourself as much as you want. Today we will release three hundred slaves of Scarlet Kingdom and contribute clothes, food, and wine to the commoners of both kingdoms. This is our gift to our queen."

After his announcement, all faces went black. Releasing three hundred slaves isn't a joke and besides contributing living materials to the defeated people means a promising situation for them.

I am happy but I'm shocked too. I thought he wanted to weaken my power in the nation but by saying that it was a gift for me he admitted my high status and power not only to aristocrats but to commoners too.

"Why are you standing? Enjoy yourself." Alexander ordered and all the nobles decided to remain silent and do as he ordered. No one wanted to cross him.

Alexander started stroking my hair. I sometimes felt like a little girl when I was with him. His bipolar behavior never failed to confuse me.

"Are you happy now?" He suddenly asked.

"I am. Thank you, my king." I said truthfully. I'm happy for my people.

"Be good. Stay with me, obey me and I will give you more than that. Think about it. I gave you this much even though you are this cold to me, what will I give you if you show me the slightest affection?"

So it was his real reason. He is using my people as a bargaining chip to manipulate me. I know this but still because of my people I played along.

"Since for all this generosity, my king only wants my attention then I will do my best to please you." I formed a sweet smile.

"Kiss me."

I didn't think or hesitate. I kissed his lips with all the passion I had. He didn't kiss me back but I continued. I played with his lips with my tongue and asked for entrance that he gave me instantly. I intertwined my tongue with his. He was still passive but I didn't stop. At this moment I don't care if anyone is watching my wanton behavior or not. I know if I stop now I would probably see those slaves corpses, not freedom.

Finally, when I felt suffocated, I let go of his lips and looked at him with a pitiful expression and tears in my eyes.

No matter how much he was harsh to me he would always become soft when he saw my tears.

"It seems I should be more generous from now on." He smiled and stroked my back.

"I would go to talk to my subjects. Go and enjoy your party." He said and help me stand gently.

I went down to the hall. I don't know anyone here and Frederick isn't here either. I don't know if he didn't come himself or if Alexander forbade him.

I stood at the corner. Wives of nobles came to pay their respect but I could see envy and jealousy in their eyes. How much I wanted to tell them that if they want they can try their chance with my dear husband. It will be good if he can find someone that can divert his attention from me.