Chapter 24: Possessive

Tiara's POV

"Are you sad Tiara?" Frederick asked while we were walking in the garden. After my coronation ceremony, Arzhan really left so Alexander let me come to the garden again.

He didn't forbid me from seeing Frederick either but he warned me about touching him or getting close to him more than I should.

"I'm not necessarily sad. It's better than I expected. In these three months, Alexander wanted me every night and some mornings too but at least after we get married he is less violent. He doesn't hit me either so I think I'm having it good."

"Are you out of your mind? Just because he doesn't hit you, it doesn't mean that raping you every night is okay." Frederick shouted.

"Lower your voice. Do you want us to end up in the dungeon? He let you go just recently." I said annoyed.

"But still..."

"Frederick." I cut him off.

"Just because he won't kill me, it doesn't mean that he won't torture me too. So if not for your sake, at least be a little more careful for my sake."

"Sorry. It's just seeing you like this hurt me too much and that collar makes me want to punch him and the worst part is you are in this situation because he threatened you with my life."

"It's not your fault. I did this to make my own life easier. Being a queen is better than being a slave or concubine. Right? Besides our country has been defeated, I can improve the living situation of the Scarlet kingdom's citizens with my status." I said forcing a smile.

"If you say so but still don't hesitate to come to me if something went wrong."

"Okay. Thank you. By the way, I've never really asked you. What did you go through when you were in the dungeon?" I asked genuinely concerned.

"Nothing much. At first, I'd been tortured but suddenly it stopped. No one bothered me anymore but the food sucked."

"Sorry, you go through that because of me."

"What are you talking about? The only reason the torture stopped must have been you. He probably did it because of you. If anything is your fault then it's my boredom in the dungeon."

"Haha. Funny."

"Yeah, I'm funny." He stretched his hand to touch my cheek. It is his habit. He loves me like a big brother. But I dodged quickly.

"Don't touch me." I screamed. I should have been calmer but I was scared. I can't lose him too.

He grimaced. I know I hurt him but it was better if he got hurt by me than by Alexander.

"I think I should go." He said.

"Sorry. I will see you tomorrow." I ran from there.

I went to the king's chamber and prayed that Alexander wasn't there.

Fortunately, he wasn't in the chamber. I went to the bathroom and sit in the tub. I was trying to calm myself down. I've never expected that such a little thing as touching a friend become a great sin for me.

I heard the sound of the door. I wore my purple bathrobe and came out.

"You came early today." I told him.

"It seems you are not happy to see me." His smile frightened me to the core.

"Of course not. Why shouldn't I be happy that my husband came to me earlier?"

"You are getting better and better at lying but since your lies make me happy I will just turn a blind eye to it, and I'm a little delighted, you learned more than lying." His smile turned even uglier and I know what was he referring to.

"What are you talking about?"

"You escaped from a tragedy today. If your damn dog touched what's mine I would cut his hands and skin him alive in front of you. You should know better than anyone that I'm really good at skinning."

I suddenly remembered the time I let him torture his abuser. At that time I didn't get afraid of him but now I was frightened to my core.

"I won't let anyone touch me. You don't need to monitor me like this."

"Monitor you. I'm not doing such a low thing. I just miss and get worried about you every minute you aren't with me so I decided to let people inform me of your well-being. Isn't it what a good husband does for his wife." He asked innocently.

"Yeah of course." I said sarcastically.

He ignored my sarcasm and said out of nowhere, "Get ready. I held a big feast in your honor."

"But we already celebrated my coronation."

"We weren't in the celebration. We were playing a game in bed." He smirked and I blushed.

I remembered that night. He was so gentle. So considering. Doing his best just to pleasure me. He didn't use force that night. True to his words that night was about me not himself. I came so many times that I can't even remember and I was sore for a few days.

"I will get ready."

"I put the dress you wear tonight on the bed. Your maid will get you ready."

"Can't I choose my dress myself?" I didn't like him deciding everything for me.

"You can't." He said cruelly.

"But..."

"You have no right to decide about anything. I made you a queen but even your power comes from me. I can take it away any time I want. You are nothing but my slave in reality."

I lost it. I know I should have remained silent but I couldn't.

"I'm your fucking wife." I screamed.

"Wife? Did you ever do anything to remind me of you being my wife? Which wife is this cold to her husband? Didn't I tell you that I want your love and affection? Did you show me anything besides your scornful look?" He sneered.

"You won't make it easy for me to even like you, let alone love. How could you expect me to love someone who doesn't respect me even a little?"

"Get ready." He ignored my question.

Oh, how much I hate this man.

I looked at the long pink fluffy dress on the bed. It was long-sleeved. And its length came to my ankle. It covered all of my skin.

What the fuck?

Who wears such a modest dress at a banquet?

But what did I expect from that possessive monster anyway?