Chapter 52: Owner

Tiara's POV

The aroma of black roses, breathing the fresh air, feeling the snowflakes on my face while walking leisurely without having to be cautious of doing something that makes Alexander angry, is a new feeling. So many days I've been trapped in his web that freedom seems a distant word. The privilege I'm having here tickles my feelings but still, it seems that's not enough. Something in my head says it's wrong, abandoning Alexander is wrong. This voice that comes from the deepest part of my darkness I believe is his creation. A part of me that he molded since we were kids. A part that obeys only him.

"Tiara."

"Arzhan, why are you running like some demon wants to catch you." I laughed. Arzhan always baffles me with his childishness.

"I told you don't come out alone, especially in this cold weather." He replied angrily.

"You had business to attend." I shrugged and he frowned.

"Don't take it lightly Tiara. You could just call the servants. Just because your stomach didn't get that big, it doesn't mean you can just move around at will. Your situation is delicate enough."

He came forward, took out his cloak, and put it on my shoulders. Carefully fixing it so it covers me whole.

"Arzhan." I called and he looked up straight into my eyes. Snowflakes dancing around us.

Ah this man, how can his eyes shine like he has never committed a single sin?

"Yes?"

"Are you angry?"

He titled his head, and all anger vanished from his eyes, only softness like looking at a scared animal, he's careful to don't make it more frightened.

"Yes." He lied and I tried hard to stop myself from smiling.

"Then what should I do to make you happy again?" I asked innocently and I can hear a part of me screaming that what I'm doing is wrong.

He smiled like he perfectly knows what I'm trying to do. Knows how far my disloyalty to my husband goes right now.

He stretched his hand and caressed the top of my head.

"Be safe and healthy."

"Oh."

He's probably laughing in his heart cause of the silly face I made.

"You aren't committed." He said out of nowhere.

"What?"

"Your marriage wasn't based on volition and respect, it wasn't real."

"I..."

"But you don't have to force yourself to seduce a man you don't love to make yourself believe the lock of your cage is broken."

Tears gathered in my eyes. I preferred he believed I'm doing this for fun, or for paying my debt to him for saving my child's life but he knows that I'm trying to defy Alexander. I want proof that I'm not his anymore.

"I'm sorry." I said no louder than a whisper.

Suddenly he hugged me, careful not to hurt me or my child. I burst into tears.

"No, I'm sorry. I was rude, forgive me." He caressed my back in a circle trying to calm me.

"I, I just want to be free."

"I know."

"Why, why I can't break the collar even when it's not even around my neck anymore?"

"You're free."