Chapter 39: The Past Part IV

Third Person's POV

Samael was pacing around the room in anger. He couldn't forget the conversation he had with his doll two days ago. He couldn't believe what he had heard.

"Taking you with him?" Samael asked, his hands shaking like a leaf.
"Yes, he is going to adopt me. I'm so happy." Tiara chirped.
Samael pushed her away with a force that she stumbled a little and retreated two steps. He looked at her with terrified eyes. He has never been this frightened in his life.
"Then what about me?"
"What?"
"Are you going to just leave me here alone? What about me? I'm your friend. I'm your everything." Samael was shouting at the end.
"I will come and take you. Just wait for me a little. I will tell him to adopt you too. We can be siblings even."
"Get out," Samael said calmly.
"Sama..."
"Fucking get out." This was his first time cursing in front of his doll.
Tiara ran out with water vapor in her eyes. She couldn't understand why her friend wasn't happy about her being adopted.

Samael punched the wall repeatedly. His knuckles were bloody and it wasn't obvious if some were broken or not.

He suddenly laughed like a crazy man. He wasn't at all like a child at that exact moment.

"My nightingale... My nightingale wants to fly away. What to do? What to do? Uhh, I know. I should burn her wings and make her unable to." He sang between his laughter.

He knew that Aurelius wasn't going to adopt Tiara as his daughter. He has seen his eyes. It was the exact eyes he had when he looked at her but maybe a little less crazy. It was so strange that they were so alike. But he could understand. It was the fate of every man who would be fooled by Tiara's pureness and charm.

Samael fully understood Tiara in these years. She wasn't a selfless pure girl. She was actually very selfish. She always put herself above others and wouldn't care a fuck about him and Frederick if they wouldn't wag their tails for her attention. He was sure when she turns to a grown up lady this selfishness accompanied by her ignorance of the world and its cruelty would make men want to go wild and plunder everything she had. She was like a child who while playing with a plastic dagger thought the reason for people's compromise in front of her was because of the plastic dagger in her hand that she enthusiastically threaten them with. But alas that it was all because they were waiting like a predator that was waiting for its prey for her to put the dagger down and so they can exploit her. Of course, they could easily take the plastic dagger from her and made her kneel and obey but they didn't want to hurt her. They wanted to lure her and then see the confusion that appear in her eyes and after that anger, fear, madness, and in the end submission.

Both he and Aurelius were like this. And Samael was sure if he couldn't cage his nightingale in a cage soon, when she got older she would lure other men in her web of charm too.

"You want to run away? Dream on. I wanted to be lenient with you and give you some freedom after I owned you but now the deal is off. I will become the king and after that make sure that you won't attract any bees and insects. I will make sure that the only thing you will see in the future is me. Your only thought is me and the only word that you say with that beautiful lips is my name."

Samael prepared everything beforehand. He was paying attention to the guards from the moment the king arrived and he knew one particular guard between them always passed information to another person. A spy, and obviously the only one that dared to plant a spy beside the king was the benevolent queen. The queen that all the people adored but didn't know that she was just a poisonous snake hiding in beautiful skin.

Samael got ready and wore a black mask, covering the lower half of his face.

It was dark at night. He found the guard beside the lake in the garden and went to him.