Chapter 28: Feelings

Tiara's POV

I don't know what to do. He got mad. Like really mad. I knew the mention of the harem will piss him off but I had no idea he would react like this.
All the kings in all kingdoms had more than one woman. Concubines, mistresses, harlots. It wasn't a strange thing.

Sure, when I was going to marry Johannes, I discussed with him that I expect complete loyalty but I truly didn't expect it from Alexander.

I've heard before that before the fall of Labuty, he was a womanizer, sleeping with a different woman every night even the women who belonged to the king.

I thought he will get tired of me and find another woman after our marriage but his obsession seems to grow more and more with each passing day.

"My queen let me help you bathe." I heard the maid's voice. She is new. Alexander appointed her to serve me a week ago. She is a responsible young woman, maybe a little younger than me, and she knows her job well.

"Did the king allow you to bathe me?" I don't think he would permit someone else watching and touching me even if that someone was a woman.

Her face turned red.

As expected she is not allowed.

"You are not permitted then why put yourself in danger for such a petty thing?"

"You seems tired my queen. I, I just want to help. I..."

"Do you pity me?" I asked amused by her response.

She immediately kneeled, "Of course not my queen. How dare I pity you? I merely was worried about you."

"What's your name girl?"

"Lisha, my queen."

"Lisha. Are you from Elefthería?"

"Yes, my queen."

"A kingdom when all people are free. It's nice, isn't it?" I smiled sadly.

"It's nice." She smiled back at me but a genuine one.

"Then why are you here?"

"I wanted to see the world and fend for myself so I came to the most powerful kingdom. Working here is fun. The king is fair and just. He won't abuse his servants like other monarchs do."

"I see that he is a great king."

"Yes, he is."

"Help me to bathe, Lisha," I ordered.

She beamed with happiness and stood up. She truly represents her name.

She helped me to stand. I have no power to bathe alone and besides, I am the queen and it is time to show my dear husband that I can use my power.

Lisha got the tub ready and added rose petals and milk.

I took off my clothes and she helped me sit in the bathtub. It was warm and comfortable.

"It will make you feel better my queen and comfort your body."

She started scrubbing me back.

"Are you sad my queen?"

I was taken aback by her question. No one except for Arzhan and Frederic asked me this.

"I am." I answered truthfully. At that moment I trusted her to don't tell about my answer to her true master.

"Why?"

"Maybe you think that being a queen is every girl's dream but for me it's hell. I'm merely the king's canary and this palace is my cage."

"I don't think so."

I was shocked again. She was pretty audacious. Opposing me directly.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't think that the king sees you merely as a canary. He loves you."

"You are just like him."

"Who my queen?"

"A friend of mine. He said the exact same words too."

"Oh."

"But do you think that a man in love do the things that king did to me to his lover? I asked my friend too and he said love has various shapes but this shape is really awful and brutal."

"I think that the king just doesn't know how to express his feeling but he loves you. That much is obvious. Even a blind man can see the love and adoration in his eyes when he looks at you.

Even the way he holds you. It's like he is holding his whole world. His entire existence."

"I think you are mistaken. He doesn't hold me. He fuck me. That's different."

Lisha turned red again. So innocent. I like her more and more.

"Don't you have the slightest feeling for His Majesty?"

"Feelings?"

Do I have feelings? He tortured and killed my lover. He killed my loved ones and he took everything I had from me even before he knew me.
He took him.

Can I still have feelings for my nemesis?

"I don't."

She started washing my hair and massaging my head. It was relaxing.

"Poor the king."

"Are you pitying the king right now?" I asked laughing hard.

"No matter who are you. Unrequited love is one of the worst feelings a person can feel. It's consuming. Even a king can't run away from it."

"You are pretty interesting, girl."

She blushed again.

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

I exited the tub and Lisha helped me to wear my clothes.

It was a long time since I had someone to talk to and it was refreshing.

Suddenly we heard noises from outside.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I will take a look, my queen."

But before she can take even one step several men with black masks and clothes rushed in.

"What is this impudence? This is the king's chamber how dare you walk in like this?" Lisha asked with a high and mighty manner.

So she can be serious and angry too.

I know from their looks that they aren't here to talk. I looked around the chamber but didn't find anything useful. Alexander removed every sharp object in the room to prevent me from harming myself.

Shit. Fuck you husband but I already did, didn't I?

They didn't say anything and just attacked.

So straightforward.

They are trained.

I pushed Lisha behind me and kicked the first one in the stomach but I know I couldn't take down five trained assassins without any weapon. I'm just delaying time till the help reach us.

I dodged the next one but with a speed invincible to the naked eyes another one attacked and I rolled on the floor but instantly stood up.

I was fighting with one when the other stabbed my leg from behind.

I kneeled on the floor and this time get stabbed in the stomach.

I was drifting away when I saw the man lifting his sword to stab me to death but suddenly I heard people shouting from afar and those assassins ran away.

So I'm going to die like this. In the hands of some unknown assassins. I'm sure Alexander will lose his shit.

Poor those assassins.

I really don't want to die.

I thought about this when darkness engulfed me.