Chapter 38: The Past Part III

Third Person's POV

Aurelius went to the chocolate store. He grabbed three packs of hazelnut chocolate. It was his Lucia's favorite chocolate but since it was expensive she couldn't eat as much as she wanted in the orphanage so the king would buy it as much as he thought wasn't harmful to her.

In the three months that he stayed in this village, he went to the orphanage every day. It was going to be a short trip before he came here, he was going to spend one week choosing his successor and then come back with him but he didn't have the heart to leave his Lucia.

Her cute eyes filled with adoration, her cute chubby cheeks, her adorable celestial nose, her soft hair, and her smart mouth, her everything was growing on him.

He entered the orphanage and the next moment Lucia hugged his leg.

"Aurelius is here today too." She chirped.

He permitted her to call him by name just after one week of staying together and playing with her every day. Running after her and finding her when she hid. The administrator was shocked to death.

Aurelius' heart danced in joy and his sharp features softened considerably. He lifted her and put her on his shoulder.

"Don't run around like this Lucia. What if you hurt yourself?"

"But I'm happy to see you. Did you bring chocolate today too?"

"You are just happy to see the chocolates." He pouted.

Little Tiara hit his shoulder with full power and said angrily, "meany."

Aurelius laughed at her outburst. This girl had become his happiness in a short amount of time. He couldn't remember if he was ever happy in that eerie palace before meeting her.

"Okay sorry. Don't get angry. How about I buy marshmallows next time?"

Tiara forgot her anger just like that.

"You promised. I won't talk to you if you don't buy them."

"As you wish princess."

"Your Majesty."

Aurelius turned around and saw Samael in front of him. The boy was looking at him calmly but Aurelius was no fool. He could sense the hostility that the boy had toward him and he knew why. Samael thought of himself as Tiara's owner. Aurelius knew the look in his eyes when he looked at Tiara too well. It was the look of madness. The madness to own, to conquer, and to destroy.

Aurelius knew that before he came here Tiara always listened to Samael but now was different. Tiara grew a backbone after seeing him. She started standing up for herself. She was showing her power. She didn't let Samael control her anymore and Samael was angry about it. But the most unbearable thing for him wasn't her disobedience but it was the fact that he was losing his place in Tiara's heart to someone else.

Aurelius looked at him with a triumphant smile on his face. He knew that he was acting too childish to challenge a little boy but he couldn't care less.

"Do you want something Samael?"

Samael looked at Tiara who was sitting on the king's shoulder with a wide smile plastered on her face. He felt angry. Why? Everything was good. Tiara was starting to depend on him wholly before this bastard of a king showed up. He was angry. They fought last week. Samael told her that her closeness with the king was inappropriate and asked her to keep her distance but Tiara got angry and shouted at him. She didn't talk to him since then and just ignored him every time she saw him. He understood that he was treading on thin ice. Another mistake and he would lose Tiara forever.