Chapter 29: Worry

Alexander's POV

"How the hell did this happen." I shouted while the prime minister tried to calm me.

"Your Majesty, please calm down. The queen will be okay. The physicians said that the wound is not so deep and they stopped the bleeding."

"It's better to be true because if anything happens to her we will behead all of you."

I'm walking left and right in the hallway. I wanted to stay in our chamber with Tiara but every time I saw her wound I wanted to destroy everything. They are treating her since last night and the sun is already up.

How could this happen? The palace's security is very tight. Those assassins couldn't come into the palace without knowing the palace patterns.

I'm worried sick. The moment I saw her bloody body, my whole world crumbled.

"Your Majesty." One of the physicians came out.

"How is she?"

I asked worriedly.

"The queen is well. Fortunately, the assassins didn't have the time to strike again."

"When will she wake up?"

"Tonight or tomorrow morning, Your Majesty."

I sighed in relief and entered the chamber.

"Get out all of you." I ordered and soon the room was empty again.

I looked at her with soft eyes. The servants have already changed the bloody matters and made the bed comfortable for her but I didn't let anyone change her even though all of the physicians were female.

I took out one of the softest clothes made of cotton and slowly put my hand on her back and made her sit and with my other hand changed her clothes gently. After that, I put her head on her pillow again and made sure she was comfortable.

Looking at her this weak was unusual. She was always high and mighty even in her lowest. Always so proud.

I traced her jaw with my hand. So soft but she was a little cold. It made me afraid.

Seeing her like this reminds me of when she bought me.

I was sick then. Emotionally and physically but she took care of me even when I told her not to.

She was so proud but deep down I knew she was broken just like me.

I've never fully understood why I accepted her as my master. I just knew that I wanted to be close to her and the only way was by being her slave but my pride as a crown prince didn't allow me to accept her at first but in that dungeon when she offered me my nemesises to me to get revenge. I saw her strength. She was strong and worthy. Worthy of being my master.

"Wake up. Okay? If you don't wake up I will kill your people but if you do I will free all of them."

The only thing I did from the moment I was reunited with her was to threaten her but I knew no other way.
So I played a game of reward and punishment with her. Be good and I will reward you. Be disobedient and I will punish you.

I sat beside her, looking at her. I will never get tired of watching her. I kinda feel like a pervert.

I wonder how my father let go of his love. I can never do that even now when I know staying with me will put her life in danger. I can never set her free.

I will protect her. This will never happen again. I won't let anyone touch her the second time.

I wanted to stay with her more but I should find out the identity of those bastards.