im never gonna leave you, baby.

even if you lose what's left of your mind

but he reaches over and he touches you,                                         like a prayer for which no words exist

                                        like a prayer for which no words exist. . . unknown 

 unknown 

summary ─

                                ♱  ; The art of betrayal leaking through the cracks of the world; something is happening in the middle of Atlanta. The once vibrant landscape now stands haunted, echoing the absence of those claimed by the insidious sickness. At the edges of this desolation, zombies roam, feasting on the dwindling sanity of the living. But understanding the feeling of loss, 'Iris' Grimes had known for a while now etched deeply by the loss of her father's coma. 

Survival becomes a precarious dance, each step taken on the precipice of uncertainty. The living clings to one another, acutely aware that their moments of respite are fleeting. Yet, within the tattered tapestry of human connection, betrayal emerges as a cruel masterpiece. Shane Welsh never had betrayed someone more than the people he held closest to his heart, and Natalie 'Iris' Grimes was the one person who kept on expecting something from someone who had nothing to show. 

The best friend of her dad would be a name dragged along her lips till the day of her final breath; if that was too ever hit. Stabbing the heart as if it keeps coming back to life at the last moment. But surviving isn't always for the people who know how to stay still during a time of need, sometimes it's for the ones who chase after it until it's put underground. Testing the human brain, to the limits that would drive only the few insane. 

Natalie, emblematic of those who refuse to yield, persistently seeks meaning and purpose, defying the looming threat that seeks to bury hope underground. The unravelling drama in the shadows of the ending world unveils not just the struggle for survival but the delicate dance between loyalty, betrayal, and the inexhaustible resilience of the human spirit.