Can you guarantee that this home will always be safe and secure?

“I told her that I would marry her and give her a home, but she didn’t agree,” Paul turned around and looked through the glass at the woman lying on the hospital bed. For a moment, he felt very aggrieved.

“I don’t know why, but she just doesn’t trust me…”

Amelia followed his gaze and glanced at Eva in the ward.

“It’s not that she doesn’t trust you, it’s that she’s afraid,”

Paul didn’t understand. “Why is she afraid?”

Amelia lowered her eyes and after a moment of silence, she spoke. “Paul, I can tell that Eva has feelings for you, and precisely because of that, she won’t dare to gamble her future on you.”

Hearing that Eva had feelings for him, Paul opened his thin lips, wanting to refute Amelia, but she interrupted him softly.

“If I were Eva, I wouldn’t dare to agree to marry you either, do you know why?”

Paul shook his head, honestly, he couldn’t understand women’s thoughts, women were really complicated to him.

Looking at Paul, who was trapped and didn’t know what to do, Amelia sighed again. “Because she can’t accept that the person she loves will betray her one day.”

Upon hearing this, Paul’s deep star-like eyes filled with layers of confusion, but Amelia just looked at him and smiled gently. “If Eva gives you everything and agrees to marry you, I believe that with your current love for her, you will definitely have a happy marriage. But in some year, some month, some day, or even some moment in the future, if you meet someone you love even more, what will you do?”

“I won’t…”

“Don’t say that so early, when you met Eva, did you ever think of abandoning Kayla?” Amelia’s words made Paul’s face change slightly, but it quickly returned to normal.

“I don’t love Kayla, I never planned on being with her for the rest of my life. Kayla and Eva are different in my heart.”

Amelia nodded without refuting Paul. “I understand what you mean, I just wanted to tell you that Eva doesn’t agree to marry you because she’s afraid that one day she’ll see you cheating and it will drive her crazy.”

The more you love someone, the more you fear being hurt. Instead of being hurt in the future, it’s better to cut off all feelings in advance. That’s how Eva thinks, right?

Amelia understood it very well, Paul was not James, he didn’t give off the same reliable and faithful vibe, so Eva didn’t dare to take the risk.

After understanding the implied meaning behind her words, Paul felt somewhat powerless and leaned against the cold gla*s window. “Why do you all think that I would cheat?”

He admitted that he used to be a jerk, but he never cheated or fell in love with anyone until he met Eva…

No, at that time, he didn’t even realize that he liked Eva, so he was just playing around with her.

Who would have thought that after they broke up, he couldn’t stop thinking about her, and he wanted to see her, because he liked her!

But it was too late then, he had been labeled and rumored, no matter how he explained it, Eva wouldn’t believe him, what could he do?

“It’s not that she doesn’t trust you, it’s fear. If you can really guarantee that you won’t cheat after marriage, then wait a while before pursuing Eva again, don’t pressure her now.”