Absence makes the heart... miss you

Start from the beginning

These last months have been so amazing, spending all this time with Cole, Zara and Stevie made him realize he wants nothing more than to have kids of his own as well. Although if he would just be the stepfather of Stevie's kids without ever having more children he would also be a happy chap.

"Dan, mate, we know you really fancy her, but we do hope you are happy to go home as well." Michael says when he sees the sad face of his friend.
"I don't fancy her Mike. I love her. And she loves me. She told me at the Red Bull party. So yeah I'm happy to go home, but I don't like having to put such an enormous distance between us."

"If the two of you really love each other as much as you say, you will get through it. Absence makes the heart grow fonder."
Michael might be teasing his mate a bit, but he really is happy about Daniel being so crazy about Stephanie.

He has obviously spend some time with her as well, they had a few conversations about what she could prepare for Daniel and Seb during the race weekends.
She was very nice, smart and of course he saw how beautiful she is. She seemed really interested in the dietary advice for the drivers and made sure she provided with plenty of options for them.

He was impressed by how she managed to do her job and still spend loads of time with her kids. Yes she has her nanny, but very often when he got to the restaurant, her kids were there.
The little boy loved helping out in the kitchen, so the staff would let him put the vegetables or fruits they cut in bowls.

Stevie is a very hands on mother, she is gentle with her kids, but it was obvious they had some clear boundaries which he always like to see.
He loves kids, but he doesn't like it when kids just seem to have no rules and do whatever they want. With Stevie's kids that wasn't the case at all. Sure the baby girl doesn't have a clue yet, but Cole seemed to know very well what he can and cannot do.

Seeing Daniel interact with them was as if he was watching a father interact with his kids. All he hopes for now is that it will work out and nobody ends up with a broken heart.

"I'm just pleased you are getting some action from just one woman and not a different one every weekend. It's so much better for your reputation and Charlottes blood pressure." Blake jokes, but then he sees Daniel's face drop.
"What's with that look? Did I remind you it will be your right hand for a couple of months?"

Daniel looks out of the window. It doesn't really feel ok to talk about him and Stevie not having sex yet, but it's also something that has been bothering him for a while now and he would love to get his friend's perspective.

"Dan? You haven't been sleeping around again right? You are not a cheater." Michael asks worried. If Daniel would have been sleeping around he has no idea where he would have found the time. Daniel was always with Stevie when he wasn't driving. Even at night, Michael usually shared a room with his friend, but these last months Daniel never slept in the room they booked for him and Michael.

Not that Michael cared, now he could finally have some privacy and invite women over. Maybe Daniel wants to settle down, he sure doesn't.

"NO! Of course I haven't done that. I would never. I don't even want anybody else. We just haven't gotten to that point yet." He mumbles.

"I'm sorry what?!" Michael asked shocked.
"Are you telling me you have been sharing a bed with this insanely hot and sex woman and you haven't even banged her yet?"

"Michael! That's disrespectful. Yes I've been sharing a bed with her and no we didn't do it yet." He admits.
Both Blake and Michael are looking at him as if he just grew an extra head. They can barely believe what he is telling them, especially it coming from him, the man who used to sleep around.