Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

"Shut your eyes, and just listen, I'm not going to go anywhere, and I won't let him so much as touch you," he says the vibration of his voice like a soothing caress, all while the sound of his breathing surrounded my senses. Even with no sight, even the normal functions of Adrian's body, the feel of mulberry silk, and the cologne his clothing had absorbed encased me.

"Can I have that?" I asks wrapping my hand around the hand Adrian was holding his gun with.

"If it will make you feel safe yes you may, it is loaded and has the safety off," he says as I gripped the leather bound grip of the weapon.

"Okay," I say and open my eyes to look up at him before he wiped away the tears that had escaped my eyes with his thumb. Adrian then held the side of my face and leaned down pressing a light kiss to my lips.

"You're my safest destination Olivia Thorne, and no matter what goes on in that warehouse, I will protect you," he says his voice bleeding conviction.

"I know," I say giving him a smile before he guided me across the dusty ground and to the open door of the warehouse where so many horrors still lingered.

Stepping into the sheet metal framed building that had only deteriorated more in the last few years I passed the crates that had been burned with the logo of Winters Group until we got to a large open concrete pad where Demetri sat tied to the same chair I'd been strapped to at sixteen.

"Demetri Arcturus Flanne. I hope you recognize at least two of those present," Adrian said his voice a chilling calm.

"Hi Oli," Demetri grinned and I shivered once more but did my best to keep my shoulders squared.

"Demi," I reply while Elijah pulled a discarded box towards him, and sat down on it with the pistol he held loosely held as he watched Demetri from behind.

"I want you to know you're not leaving here alive, though I do have a feeling that the people I know will be more then happy to investigate the supposed suicide of Demetri Flanne," Adrian grit out.

"So what is this a heart to heart, fucking ridiculous. You used to be so callous Adrian, remember that little kid, too bad that I was in solitary, and yet somehow I could tell Olivia that all the things were soon going to come out, though really it was for you. You played games like that, you used to trust me to do them," Demetri says and I flicked my eyes to Adrian who looked unmoved, and I was grateful that I knew what Adrian's past was before today.

"Your boyfriend used to be feared because people would die if they tried to attack the underground casinos. Now he's some posh businessman with a whore for a g-," Adrian's fist collided with Demetri's jaw snapping his head to the side while a vengeful look passed over my boyfriend's face.

"Refer to her like that again, and I'll knock your teeth out," Adrian warned closing off the seething anger that had let itself out.

Demetri just laughed before giving us a blood shined smile.

"You know it's true you just have who you really are caged inside, while you try to be a better man, as for her she's been ruined long before you. Has she ever told you that I had her, and it was magnificent," Demetri muttered staring down Adrian and I pulled back the hammer of the SLP-9 I held and pointed it at him.

"You lost your chance to have me years ago, I was naïve to even let you near me. As for Adrian's past, he told me, told me all of it, and I told him all the foul things you've ever done to me. You know the two of us as the children we we're not anymore. You used to beat me, touch me, and completely ignore that you were abusing me, and forced yourself on a girl who wasn't even the age of consent you sick fucking bastard," I practically growled which wasn't normal for me. I then raised the gun pointing it at him.

"Doing this again, you wouldn't dare do it, it would weigh to heavy on your conscience," Demetri mused roughly as if he hadn't had water in a long time.

"Not as much as I wish raping a fifteen year old girl did yours," I say glancing over Demetri to Elijah.

"You should move," I say and he stood and returned the box to where it was before standing on the other side of me then were Adrian was. Putting my finger on the trigger I looked at Demetri and no matter how fast my heart beat or how angry I was with him, I couldn't pull the trigger.

Stepping forwards Adrian took the gun out of my hand and looked to Elijah, "leave Elijah, and call police, report a single gunshot, I'll deal with this," he says and Elijah did all while I clung to Adrian's arm as he put the gun back to safety and removed the bullet in the chamber. He then took what looked like the kind of pistol that would be used by a prison guard and put it to the bottom of Demetri's chin.

"I'll save you from what Gen Pop would do to someone like you," Adrian says before turning to me.

"Look only at me Olivia," he says and I did trusting him before the sound of a gunshot echoed in the room, and I swallowed hard before I noticed that Adrian had a few specks of blood on his gloved hand.

I had to look though and steeling myself I looked to Demetri who had his head tilted back with blood trickling out of his head while brain matter rested in other places.

"I have nightmares from seeing my parents die in front of me, murder won't bother me," Adrian says as he let go of me and staged the scene to look like a suicide, he then took the roped and wrapped them around the prisoner jacket and chucked it into the water which quickly water logged itself and sunk to the bottom of the Hudson river.

"Won't this come back to you," I ask looking at Adrian and he shook his head.

"I have a special clean up crew I hire for incidents like this. It would be the same thing if one of us got seriously injured, having private medical staff has its benefits," he says leaving behind the prison guard gun and guiding me out of the warehouse back to the car where we swiftly left the scene and headed back towards the Hamptons all while I pondered how I'd accepted Demetri's death. Glancing to Adrian I could tell that he had his own thoughts on it before he looked at me and pressed his lips together before speaking.

A longer chapter which I didn't expect to be for the death of Demetri, but yes, there is book references that Adrian has people killed for the things they've done, however this scene is symbolic, if you all want to discuss it go for it, but be polite, and any comment I view as being rude for example I've gotten comments in the past about how Olivia's past wasn't that bad and said person got reported and blocked because rape isn't acceptable. Other then that, have a good day, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace