Chapter 125 - Fireworks (5)

Start from the beginning

That’s how the scene was created. Choi Sung-gun then smiled more broadly, watching the reporters in a frenzy.

“The picture turned out well.”

Behind him, a woman’s voice chimed in,

“Phew, how do we calm this down?”

Turning around, Choi Sung-gun saw the plump Kim So-hyang approaching. Her calm demeanor suggested she, the Netflix executive director, also somewhat understood the situation. Confirmed by Choi Sung-gun’s nonchalant response.

“Don’t calm it down, let’s just leave. Thanks for accommodating my request, Executive Director.”

“Oh, please. We should be the ones thanking you. Promotional power at press conferences is usually predictable, but look at this now. Where else can you get this kind of publicity effect?”

“‘Male Friend’ will be mentioned a lot too, both in Korea and Japan.”

“Of course. The bomb went off at the ‘Male Friend’ press conference. When I heard about revealing the scoop here, I thought it was perfect.”

“Haha, you flatter me.”

Choi Sung-gun then subtly shifted the topic.

“Now you’ll need to have a proper conversation with Netflix Japan. The game has changed.”

“I know. You mean the upcoming promotional event in Japan? I’ll communicate and expand its scale.”

“We need to spread the word in the Japanese media as well. Director Kyotaro’s side is probably moving too.”

“I’ll relay to the Japanese executive director to push firmly on ‘Male Friend’ related promotions.”

Executive Director Kim So-hyang replied with a grin.

“With all the buzz we’ve created, Woojin will be the hot topic in both Korea and Japan for a while.”

This was exactly what Choi Sung-gun had hoped for. It was all part of his plan, and the outcome was top-notch.

“Yes, fortunately.”

Meanwhile, despite the relentless flash and questions, Kang Woojin silently faced forward.

“……”

‘Keep quiet from here on out, right?’

Naturally, it was Choi Sung-gun’s request. To make the reporters even more anxious. At this point, Hwalin, sitting to Woojin’s right, was wide-eyed.

“Wha? What?!”

She was staring at Woojin’s side. She, too, was shocked.

‘Wow! Wow, wow, wow! Really?? Is Woojin actually making a debut in Japan?! And in a leading role in a film by Director Kyotaro?!’

Hwalin had read the news articles too. The buzz was too big to ignore, but she hadn’t dared to ask Woojin directly, just held it in. And now, she realized it was all true. Instantly, her heart swelled with excitement.

‘This is insane! Isn’t Woojin the first one to do something like this? Yes! He’s the first! Ah, why am I so happy?’

Her fangirl heart for Woojin bounced with joy. After all, her devotion was already immense, so seeing her favorite star succeed brought her pure elation.

Then,

– Swoosh.

Perhaps because of the flash or noticing Hwalin’s gaze, Woojin, who had been facing forward, turned to her. She flinched immediately. Meanwhile, Woojin quietly observed her for a moment before speaking calmly.