CHAPTER 40:GLORY OR GORE

Welcome back to Alpha and Omega I hope you're enjoying the story because I'm having a lot of fun writing it. Anyway please remember to READ, VOTE, and COMMENT. XOXO BUTTERBALL
____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 40: Glory or Gore
____________________________________________________________

Aria's Point Of View

____________________________________________________________

"The world is declining further." I said sadly. I held some ash colored snowflakes in my hand frowning. Allen and I now stood outside the city limit of Montreal. Allen frowned as he watched me. Just a few moments ago it had been sunny and warm.

However now a cluster of thick gray and black clouds covered the sky over our heads, they blocked out the sun and rained gray snow down on us. The wind carried an odd, dry, chill with it that usually wasn't associated with snow.

Allen let out a sigh. "Well that's why we're going to fix it." He reminded me. I just nodded then I lifted my eye patch up to look at the different auras. I didn't look at Allen because of the obvious reason, but I did look around.

I could see tendrils of different colored auras weaving through the air except, they were dull colors unlike the usual vibrant yellow or fiery red. All the colors were pale; I looked down at the ground and froze out of shock.

Tendrils of dark, gray aura leaked and rose out of the ground like steam. I glanced at the area around Allen and was not surprised to see the black aura practically rolling off him in waves.

I placed the eye patch back over my eye. "Let's go into the city." Allen suggested. I frowned but followed him when he began walking. When we enter the city the first thing I saw was crumbling builds and desolate streets.

"Once a proud city, now an abandoned ruin due to war." I said softly. Allen looked at me then at one of buildings.

"It's amazing how quickly humans can turn on each for next to nothing." He mumbled.

"One of my cities...abandoned in terror, by those that fled and torn apart by those who had nowhere to go. I guess maybe that's just how some humans just are." I whispered.

Allen let out a sigh. "Follow me." He told me. I blinked slowly but did as I was told. We walked down a couple of streets and alleys until Allen stopped in front of a large church like building.

I pointed to it as I looked at the building. It was beautiful with multi colored stain glass windows. The building had four, large, ivory towers and a large arch on top of it. This seemed like the only thing untouched by the decay and violence.

"Um...it is beautiful, but what is it?" I asked Allen.

He looked at me and gave me a smile. "It's the Notre-Dame Basilica, one of the landmarks you wanted to see so much. It's a church, one of your churches." He told me.

I looked at the building again this time more closely. In the stain glass window I could see images of my true form. I smiled slightly as I stared at the images.

"Not all humans are that bad, I guess." Allen mumbled.

  "Let's go inside." I suggested.