I wouldn't do this with anyone else.

Start from the beginning

"Are you ready for-"

"Happy birthday, Tate!" Evelyn screamed, throwing herself at Tate who caught her just in time, laughing.

Tate flung her over his shoulder and smiled at Oakley. She stood back as Tate swung Evelyn around a few times, the girl's laughter echoing across the camp. A pair of tiny arms wrapped around Oakley's leg. Lee smiled up at his mother as Oakley rubbed his head and shoulders.

"Did you catch anything?" Oakley asked him.

"Two!" Lee smiled.

"Gonna be a fisherman just like your brother and daddy," Oakley smiled.

A pair of stronger arms wrapped around Oakley's waist and a warm chest pressed against her back.

"Who's like his daddy?" Kayce asked, pressing a kiss to Oakley's cheek.

"Your son," Oakley leaned back against Kayce. "Hi."

"Hi," Kayce squeezed her. "How was your day?"

"Filled with balloons, cake, and helping prep for a birthday," Oakley smiled up at Kayce.

"Sounds exhausting," Kayce joked.

"Well, we can't all be standing out in a river," Oakley giggled as Kayce leaned his lips over hers.

"It's a hard task, but someone's gotta do it," Kayce kissed her again before letting go. "Tate...you're gonna make her sick."

Tate gently sat Evelyn on the ground, the little girl stumbling around to try and catch her footing. Oakley watched James run up to Lee and the two ran off to play. Oakley's eyes must have stayed on them a little too long because Kayce nudged her with his arm.

"What time are we eating?" Tate asked.

Oakley looked over to Gator.

"About an hour or so," Gator called out.

"Tate," Kayce nodded, lacing his fingers through Oakley's as the three of them walked off a bit.

Oakley squeezed Kayce's fingers when they stopped. Tate looked between the two of them and raised an eyebrow.

"Am I in trouble?" Tate asked.

"Did you do something?" Kayce asked him.

"Stop," Oakley took her hand in Kayce's and pressed against Kayce's side.

"Here," Kayce pulled out a small, black box.

"What's this?" Tate asked, taking the box from Kayce.

"Your birthday gift," Oakley wrapped her arms around Kayce. "From your father and me."

Kayce held Oakley with his arm as they both watched Tate open the box. He pulled out a key and fob. His eyes grew three times their size as he looked over at them.

"Is this...?" Tate stuttered.

Oakley smiled.

"It's back at the house," Kayce nodded. "You can come back with us next week and test it out."

"Next week?" Tate shook his head. "Dad, we could leave now and make it by nightfall."

"We could," Kayce glanced at Oakley.

"Absolutely not," Oakley rolled her eyes. "We have a whole birthday dinner planned out tonight with everyone...you all can go tomorrow. Unless you want to deal with the wrath of Evelyn?"

"Uh...no," Kayce snorted.

Tate laughed as he stepped forward, pulling Oakley into a strong hug. She smiled as she hugged him back, her eyes watering slightly.