The Funeral of William Bailey

Axl felt a prodding against his back. He grunted at it, but still lay there, sprawled comfortably on his side, feeling Slash's warm breath against his forehead and his arm over his side. He felt cozy tucked under his arm, he felt extremely comfortable for a person who'd slept outside all night. And y'know, did other stuff than just sleeping too...  

Slash's arm over his little torso was just the right weight on him and his body was so warm and snuggly, his calm, slow breathing against him made his eyelids droop, and the gentle morning sunlight that had just begun slightly poking out from behind the trees made the grass fronds across the field softly glow, the birds began singingly sweetly, the gentle breeze making the tree leaves whisper quietly, and with the breeze, fresh air filled Axl's lungs, with scent of morning dew. 

He was sooo cozy right now. He wasn't even at all cold. He could just lay there forever, just like this. And he didn't really worry much about what was prodding his back. His half-asleep brain figured oh it's just Slash, who somehow is magically in two places at once, poking him in the back while also cuddling with him. That makes perfect sense.

The nudge was there again in a few seconds and Axl groaned, turning and opening his eyes slightly and squinting through the glare of the morning sun which had just risen above the treeline and so close to being blocked by the tall grass. As his sleepy eyes adjusted, he immediately felt all the exhaustion in his body leave as he realized it was his sister that was nudging him in the back with the toe of her boot. 

(Honestly he was scared for hot second when he thought it was a deer.)

Jesus Christ, thank god we put our clothes back on last night. 

Truthfully Axl didn't even remember falling asleep last night, the last memory he had from last night was getting back dressed because the grass was getting a little cold, and that was pretty much it. I guess he fell asleep pretty quickly then. 

But now, not only because of the cold was he grateful of his and Slash's past selves for getting dressed, but also now to hide the hickeys on Axl's neck and collarbone and the claw-marks on Slash's back. And, y'know, obviously because Amy was here and if she came here and they weren't wearing any clothes Axl would never talk to her again. 

"Amy?" Axl muttered with a yawn, sitting up slightly and stirring under Slash's arm, who in turn grunted and nuzzled closer. "What're you doing here?" 

Amy crossed her arms over each other, with an amused tongue click, "Excuse me, YOU are in no condition to get to be the one asking questions here." 

Axl whined, "Girl it's too early for this.." 

"What the hell are you two cuddle-bugs doing out here at eight thirty in the morning?" 

"None-your-business, how'd you know where we were?" 

"You weren't in my room when I went to check on you, you left the window open, and you always would come here at night, and Izzy doesn't even live at his house anymore, where else would you be?" 

"Dammit... Do you... Usually check on us in the morning?" 

"Oh relax I know you two snuggle in your sleep, it's adorable I would've taken a picture if I could, calm down." 

"WHUH-" 

"Have you guys been out here all night?" 

"Uh, pretty much I guess.." 

"Why?" 

"Why not? It wasn't cold last night, there's barely even any dew this morning." 

"What, you dragged him out here so you could just sleep out in the middle of grass and dirt?"