Road to Nowhere

"So, remind me why you guys are leaving again?" Duff asked, downing another shot of his vodka.

Slash scratched the back of his head, uncomfortable with lying but Axl just stretched his neck and shrugged nonchalantly, "I told you already, I've got writer's block."

Izzy eyed at him suspiciously, "Really. Axl Rose, is outta lyrics?"

Axl shrugged, "I mean, I got some, but nothin good." 

Slash nodded in agreement, "Yeah, a change of scenery I think would help, and I'm comin to help jam out a tune." They kind of nodded, seeing as that seemed logical.

Steven tilted his head to the side, "Do you want us to come too? We could add to it, make it sound sweet, maybe it would help?"

Slash shook his head, "I don't think so Stevie. Besides, once we got lead guitar and the vocals down then we'll come back and you guys can perfect it. But I think it'll need to get the basics down first, then you guys can work off the final product."

Steven frowned, "I still don't see why we can't at least come along..."

Duff ruffled Steven's fluffy blonde hair, "Aw c'mon Stevie, you know less people around always helps clear heads y'know? They'll get more work done without us in the way."

Steven sighed, "Okay.. But I hope you losers know we're gonna throw the best rager ever and you are so gonna miss out."

Slash smiled and snickered sarcastically, "Oh I'm sure we will."

Axl interrupted him, "JUST DON'T GO IN MY ROOM!" he hissed, looking at Izzy, "YOU'VE GOT SOME COMPETENCE, STRADLIN, DON'T LET THESE FUCKHEADS IN MY ROOM."

Izzy saluted him military style, "Aye aye cap'n."

Slash turned to Axl, "Alright, if you guys are done with that, you got all your stuff?"

Axl nodded, throwing his backpack over his shoulder and picking up a second smaller bag in his arm, "You all set? Need a hand baby?" he asked as Slash slung his duffel bag over his shoulder and picked up his heavy guitar case in one hand.

"Uh, no but can somebody drag my amp out to the car for me?" Duff nodded, standing up and lugging up the amplifier.

Axl said goodbye to Izzy and Steven and turned to follow them out the door when Michelle stopped him, "Hey you gonna forget me?" she demanded.

Axl turned around to face her, "Oh shit sorry honey," he kissed her forehead, "Bye Michelle," he crouched down and kissed the bump of her belly, "Bye William."

She smiled as Axl rose to his feet again, "Alright now move it outta here," she lowered her voice, "Before Erin rushes over and loses her mind like a panicky hen."

Axl nodded briskly, "Shit that'll be a mess."

Michelle rolled her eyes, "Oh shut up you're not the one whose gonna be here when she pops in, just go and sometime today call her, okay? Before she strangles us for letting her baby boy leave."

Axl shuddered, "Will do." He kissed the top of her head again, "See ya sweetheart."

Slash was driving and they'd been on the road for a while now. Slash had to drive because Axl had awful road rage and Slash needed somebody to be in charge of the map. I mean, he had awful regular rage but it was really bad on the road. And granted, Axl really hated that fucking map and he almost tore it in half earlier, but at least he wasn't trying to shred a map while in charge of the steering wheel going eighty miles an hour. They played car games, Axl slept, Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin came on and Axl sang his lungs out, Axl slept again, it was a long day.