The Coolest Person Ever

"You've gotten a lot taller y'know," Axl pointed out as he lay on his back on the hospital bed. 

She cleaned blood around the cut on his forearm with a wipe, "Christ you sound like every adult ever, Oh mah gerdness Ameh lookie at how tall yer got." 

Axl grinned with a hiss, "Shut up, you have though. Fourteen to twenty-one is a long time for growth spurts. You look just like Mom." 

She smiled, "You have her eyes." 

Axl watched as she picked up the needle and he groaned, "Shit man..." Axl let his head fall back, covering his eyes with his hand. 

Amy felt a stab of sympathy for her brother, who apparently still hated needles as much as he did six years ago. She decided to keep talking to distract his mind, "You look pretty different too y'know." 

Axl still didn't look up or move his hand from his eyes, "Yeah?" 

Amy nodded, "Yeah, you're not as tiny. You used to be all short and scrawny. I mean, you're still pretty small and skinny for twenty-three though," she said humorously. 

Axl smirked, "Girl, shut up." 

Amy laughed, "I mean, just LOOK at this noodle arm!" she giggled, picking up Axl's forearm. 

Axl laughed, "You're such a jerk." Amy smiled, content with herself for not only making him laugh when he was anxious, but also because in the process she was able to inject the anesthesia into his arm to numb it without him even noticing. Damn how have I not gotten a promotion yet I'm amazing if I can do that.

"Still though, your hair's a lot longer too, 'course you're still covered in a million random bruises but its what I expected, you can't go a day without getting hurt, and, is that a tattoo!?"

"Huh, oh yeah I thought I had 'em when I left."

"No you're arms were all blank and innocent when you left! Lemme see lemme see 'em!" Axl grinned, rolling up his t-shirt sleeves to expose the tattoos on his shoulders. "Awesome. What's that one for?" she pointed to the cross with skulls on his right forearm. "What's Guns N' Roses? You do know that your tattoo artist put a literal 'N' instead of 'and,' right?" 

Axl laughed, "I know, it's my band's name."

She gasped, "You and Izzy got your band??" 

Axl nodded, "Yup, we managed to scrape together some miserable punks off the street that can keep a decent rhythm." Slash rolled his eyes. Decent rhythm my ass, he thought. 

"Yeah, well I'm sure they must be crazy if they're willing to play in a band with you." 

Slash coughed dramatically. 

Axl grinned, "My buddy Slash here's in the band too." Slash had a cheeky grin on his face, 'My buddy Slash,' he says. What a dork. Of course though I'm crazy enough to willingly be in his band. And fuck him. I guess I'm sociopath-level insane. Because I apparently fuck sociopaths. 

Amy had a surprised look, "Really?" 

Slash returned from his thoughts, "Yeah I play lead guitar." 

Amy smiled, "I shoulda guessed you were either in the band or a prison escapee with a name like Slash." 

Slash grinned, I like this chick. 

"Alright... And there, we, go," Amy finally said and Axl released the breath he had been holding as she applied the stitches. Axl finally removed his hand from his eyes, looking down at the wound while Amy turned to get the bandages. Axl examined the stitching in his arm, it was kinda freaky looking, like something you'd see in the Frankenstein movie.