Starry Eyes

Axl sat down at the kitchen table like he always used to in the mornings, still yawning and hiding his body in a blanket because he was always cold in the mornings. "Morning dear, you kids sleep well?" Amy asked in a dramatic voice with a grin. 

Axl smiled, eyes still closed, "You betcha," he yawned, "Don't you have work or classes or something?" 

Amy shook her head, "I don't have to leave for another ten minutes." Axl nodded, eyelids droopy. "Boy how are you still tired it's almost eleven thirty!" 

"Time zones are a bitch." 

Amy rolled her eyes, "That only makes it eight thirty for you." 

"Exactly, its too early for shit." 

Amy laughed, "Then why are you up, dumbass?" 

Axl rested his head on the table, "Couldn't sleep." 

Amy chuckled, fixing a new pot of coffee for her brother, "Well that's a heavy dose of cruel irony if I've ever heard it." 

Axl snickered, rolling his eyes, "Oh yes it's very amusing to want to sleep and be unable to." 

She set his cup of coffee down on the table in front of him, "Careful, its hot," she warned. Axl sat up tiredly, taking the cup gratefully. "So where's loverboy?" Amy asked, picking up the newspaper off the table and flipping a page carelessly. 

Axl took a sip from the mug, "Isn't that a band?" 

"Yeah I think they're um, oh, everybody's workin for the weekend," she sang. 

Axl grimaced in contempt, "Ekh, pop music..." he shook his head in disgust. 

Amy laughed, "Everybody wants a new romance.!" She continued, this time just to annoy him. 

He hissed, covering his ears, "LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" 

Amy laughed, "Alright, alright calm down Mister Metalhead before you wake up curly."

She glanced at her watch, "Shit I gotta get to my class."

She ruffled her brother's red hair, kissing the top of his head, "See ya Billy."

Axl hissed, "I didn't like it in the seventh grade and I don't like it now." 

Amy smiled, patting his shoulder and heading out the door. Axl let out a deep sigh, drinking in the warm coffee and surprised to taste actual quality coffee for once. Axl closed his eyes tiredly, resting his head in his hand. 

He acknowledged that he was alone. He had been trapped in his own thoughts last night even when Slash was there. He expected the voices to attack him immediately now that he was alone. But to his surprise, he heard nothing, even his quiet thoughts were calm and little to none. He figured though it must just be because he was tired. But he didn't feel extremely stressed or anxious or anything. 

Axl heard footsteps behind him and sleepy mumbling. He felt fingers comb through his hair and a head rest against his. "Morning.." 

Axl took another sip from his cup, "Hm," he replied, relishing Slash's soft lips as he kissed his cheek. He closed his eyes with contentment, feeling extremely cozy, nestled comfortably in his blanket, sipping coffee, Slash gently kissing down his neck. 

Slash sat down at the chair next to him, scooched it closer, then determinedly picked up the, weighing in at 0.0 pounds, Axl, and pulled him into his lap. Slash continued covering more little kisses of affection on his shoulder, and Axl still didn't hear any voices or feel any dread or anxiety. 

Slash must've noticed his strange calmness. "Feeling better?" 

Axl again didn't reply with words, just another delighted hum and sip of his coffee. Slash kissed Axl's lips gingerly, running his hand up and down Axl's leg, stroking his thigh. Axl set down his coffee, nuzzling his cheek against Slash's like a cat, "Hey baby, do you think I should talk to Amy..?"