Patience

A/N:

Michelle kicked open her bedroom door surprisingly swiftly for a pregnant lady, "ALIGHT. I'm tired, I want to sleep, my baby is screwing up my bladder, and I can't sleep because APPARENTLY, some author needs a note right now, so let's make this quick.

Hey, so, I wrote this chapter, and it's like, crazy, CRAZY long.

I mean, okay, my longer chapters usually are like 2,000ish words, maybe a little more. To give you an idea how long this chapter is, its 4,200 words.

Now I'm not great at math, BUT I'M PRETTY SURE THATS MORE THAN TWO TIMES AS LONG.

(And I actually am good at math so fuck you.)

So I just wanted to warn you ahead of time that you're gonna be here for a while. So just don't try reading this in five minutes before you go to sleep. Just go to bed, you sleep-deprived humans, (because there is no well-rested person on this app), and come back and read this when you have time and feel more energized. This chapter's not going anywhere, I promise.

Oh! Also, happy one-year anniversary to this story! Can you believe one year ago today I published the first chapter of Welcome To The Jungle, Sweetheart? Well maybe some of you can believe it, maybe you just started tagging along this story a week or two ago, maybe a few days, or maybe you've been here since day one. Either way I appreciate you. 💖

(I did this on purpose btw, I may or may not had decided to save my favorite chapter until the anniversary of the first one. COINCIDENCE!? I THINK NOT! Actually you don't need to think, it's not. I'm devious, I did this on purpose. 🤭)

Anyway, I'll let you read or sleep or eat or brush your teeth or go to school or do whatever it is you earthling creatures need to do now.

OKAY I'M DONE, I'M GOING TO BED. GOODNIGHT," Michelle slammed her door.

Slash noticed how for most of the evening, Axl had been kinda quiet. Not in the ominous, scary way he was when he was terrified to the bone or when he was about to do something really really not okay. Just quiet. He said some words, mostly when other people spoke to him, but he was much less talkative than usual. Slash just kept an eye on him every now and then to make sure he didn't seem to be hurting. But he didn't seem to be in any pain, just, quiet. 

Slash went to bed with him, tucked him in, kissed his eyes of goodnight, and went to sleep holding him, his chest to Axl's back, keeping him close. But it almost didn't seem like Axl was desperate to be held like he had been, just enjoyed it, and he didn't sleep in a teeny-tiny ball, his limbs a little more spread out. It was all a little strange, Slash couldn't figure out why. He was worried it was Axl pretending to be fine, but he even fell asleep relatively soon after going to bed, extremely rare for him. It was definitely a little odd, and something was up, but Slash didn't know what, or if it was good or bad. 

When Slash woke up, there wasn't an Axl under his arm where there used to be one, and the blankets were folded back neatly where he had been. Slash panicked momentarily that something was wrong. 

But, in fact, he was the one who was wrong, and he found by simply looking up that there he was, sitting in the windowsill, holding his one leg and resting his head back, looking outside, his red hair gently glowing almost silver in the moonlight, his pale skin like milk. He had a thoughtful look on his face, his eyes, bright blue in the light, resting carefully out the window, which brought into the room a gentle, fresh air smell like dew on grass in the breeze. Outside he could hear leaves swaying gently in the breeze, making the trees sing, and crickets chirped softly. It was all very serene, and calm, and god did he look breathtaking. He was always very good-looking, but just the way he sat so peacefully, bathing in the moonlight, little strands of his hair brushing slightly in the gentle breeze, he was just... beautiful.