Big Brother

Amy nodded towards the hallway, "Stuart's room is the last on the left." 

Axl blinked, "The last? As in more than one?

"Oh yeah, a little while after you left um, they built the other room so Stuart and I didn't have to share a room anymore." Axl nodded, looking down. He sent nervous looks Slash's way, who nodded encouragingly, massaging his shoulder. Axl took a deep breath before he turned, heading off down the hallway. 

Amy had made her way to the kitchen, poking her head around the corner to nod at Slash, "Oh, Slash you can go ahead and make yourself at home." Slash smiled politely, sitting down crisscross applesauce at a chair. He wanted to relax, but his gaze kept drifting back to the hallway Axl had disappeared down. Slash tried to swallow the nervous lump in his throat. 

Slash realized Amy had sat down on the end of the couch near him, giving him a thoughtful look. "You really love him, don't you." 

Slash blinked in surprise to hear that question. She had an amused smile, strikingly similar to her brother's, "It's okay, I don't mind. I'm just impressed that any person's managed to be around my brother, let alone go out with him," she had a soft look, "...I'm just happy to know that somebody's been looking after him.... He doesn't stay outta trouble easily as I'm sure you've noticed... I just thought for sure when he ran off, he'd end up stuck on his own or dead in an alleyway...." Amy had a deep sigh, "It makes me feel a little better to know someone's been taking care of him."

Slash had a flustered, sweet smile that made Amy grin. "You don't talk much do you."

Slash laughed, shaking his head, "Its better if I don't have to."

Amy nodded, entertained, "I guess I can understand that."

"..You're a lot like him y'know."

Amy raised her eyebrows, "Am I?" Slash nodded. "How so?"

Slash shrugged, "You're observant, you tell it like you see it...."

Amy guessed what he was thinking but not saying, "And I'm talkative?"

Slash laughed, "Yeah... He usually does the talking for me.. I couldn't get a word in if I tried.."

Her eyes softened, "Do you love him?"

Slash looked down, unsure what to say. "...I don't know...." he lied. 

Well, it wasn't exactly a lie, he didn't know the answer to her question. But sometimes he felt like he knew the answer, other times he was confused again. Sometimes he was so certain he knew the answer it scared him because he never imagined he could feel such strong emotions for a person. 

He felt such a strong need to protect Axl, so strong sometimes he missed him when he was actually right next to him, just sleeping. He was never a nervous person at all before Axl came along, like he couldn't remember being worried about anything ever before him. But he always felt so worried for him, like if anything hurt Axl even the tiniest amount, he felt a wave of emotion sweep over him with the need to keep him safe. All he wanted was for Axl to be happy, to just be around him, to keep him close. 

But he didn't know if that was love. 

But sometimes, just holding him close, kissing him, or even just talking with him, he felt so strongly for him, he felt like if love was anything other than that, he didn't want to fall in love. 

But Slash didn't really want to say any of that upright to Axl's sister. He wasn't sure if he would say it to anyone, except Axl. Even then, he didn't think he should. He wanted to tell him what was on his mind, but he didn't want to upset Axl. He didn't know how he might react, he might be happy, he might freak out, he just didn't know. 

Just Dust N' Bones, BabyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara