Chapter Ninety Seven - Cassandra

Cassie~

I toyed with the idea, letting it roll around in my mind as I snuggled against Raf's side on the couch.

Thoughts of Wade and Tristan flashed through my head with enough force to make me jump. The sudden jerky movement of my body caught Raf's attention for a second or two, but all I received was a temporarily arched brow before he turned his attention back to his phone.

Don't try to be overly submissive. It's unnatural and uncomfortable. If I try to put on an act they'll all see right through me and I won't enjoy myself. Wade wanted that from me. He wanted to make me something I wasn't. Theatrics won't please my doms. They want it to be genuine...but they all have different preferences.

The longer I sat on the couch with Raf, lost in my own thoughts against his side, the more evident my plan of action became.

I don't have to be traditionally submissive to please them...just submissive to their individual preferences. They all enjoy different aspects of me.

A small smile curled the corner of my mouth as I recalled their very specific preferences, playing a reel of sinful footage that put blush on my cheeks.

Xavier wants trust, not fear. He wants to know and see that I'm capable and independent, but to know that he is more dominant than I am. Xavier wants to see my dominance, but ultimately wants my submission, even if it is through gritted teeth and sassy attitude.

Cruz wants to play. He wants anticipation and deprivation. Cruz wants me to obsess over him the way he obsesses over me. It's all a game of cat and mouse. Submitting to Cruz would mean I play his games.

Tilting my head up, I admired the side of Raf's face as he scowled down at his phone. The tattoos on his neck covered several scars and watched his pulse thump beneath his inked skin.

Raf wants trust, but not the same brand of trust that Xavier wants. Raf wants me to trust him with my pain. That might be the most difficult of all three, but I can try.

The sound of Xavier's bedroom door opening was quickly followed by the sound of his footsteps. He had on athletic shorts with no shirt on as he dried his damp hair with a towel. Xavier almost didn't see me, but gave me a grin that I almost rolled my eyes at when he saw me cuddled beneath Raf's arm.

"Change of heart?" He scoffed with a sly grin.

I ignored his remark and tried to bite my tongue as best I could.

"I was thinking about going to lay by the pool to get some sun. Is that okay with you?" My gaze was sultry and intense as I asked for my doms permission.

With his smile lifting higher on the side of his mouth, Xavier folded his arms across his broad tattooed chest.

"Permission? I like that." The deep grit of Xavier's dominant voice stole my breath.

A knowing smile was all I gave him in return as I slowly stood from Raf's side. He had no idea that my plan was to toplessly tease them from outside the large bay windows.

Raf inhaled my scent deeply as he adjusted to the loss of contact and caught my hand when I passed in front of him on the couch.

"What are you up to?" His brows dropped as he studied me and my sudden change in demeanor.

I loved the way his strong hand had stopped my forward motion in an instant.

"Nothing. Just wanting to go outside and get some vitamin D." I purred innocently.

"You know she gets a little cranky when she goes too long without D." Xavier snickered, taunting me with his words, baiting me to brat.

I cut my eyes at him playfully, but ultimately flashed him a smile instead, not saying a word.