Chapter Twenty Eight - Cassandra

Cassandra ~

A sudden jolt of the plane caused my eyes to open, feeling a heavy arm on top of me, holding me against the seat as the plane came to a stop.

I glanced at his watch, taking note of the time.

2:56

Wade gathered my bags and handed them to the attendant who had opened the door as I stood and stretched.

"There's a car waiting outside for you."

I smiled and nodded, accepting that our arrangement had come to an end

"This was...I don't even know how to describe it." I said looking up at Wade's chiseled face that was flooded with mixed emotions.

"I feel the same way." He said in a deep voice that I realized I was going to miss.

Letting out a sigh, I turned toward the open door that led to my ride home. Before I could take another step into the harsh sunlight, I felt Wade's hand grab my wrist and pull me back harshly until I was pressed against his chest.

He dropped his mouth onto mine as he gripped my jaw and neck tightly with his powerful hands. I melted against his muscular body, feeling the fullness of his tongue and the strength of his hands as he immobilized me, kissing me like a desperate animal.

The beeping of an alarm echoed from Wade's pocket, pulling us slowly back to reality as our passion dissolved and our kisses became slower.

Wade released his hold on me, but his eyes were still dark with desire as I put my purse over my shoulder and walked toward the door.

I stopped in the bright sunlight that spilled through the open door and grabbed my sunglasses from my purse, sliding them onto my face before looking at Wade.

"Thank you... Sir." I sassed with a grin, getting nothing but an effortless wink from him in return.

Wind whipped through my hair as I squared my shoulders and made my way down the steps toward the town car that was waiting for me.

All of my flirty energy and carefree feelings slowly drained from my body with every step I took, feeling myself harden and stiffen as I climbed into the car.

I watched Wade's tall muscular frame exit the plane, taking strong powerful steps toward the other car. He was focused and scowling, probably already running through his list of tasks to catch up on at work.

I sighed, doing the same as I gave the driver the address to my office, knowing I could get in a full afternoons work if I hurried.

The car pulled forward, but my head swiveled to compensate for the movement, trying to keep my eyes on Wade for as long as possible.

He opened the car door and stepped inside, but just before he disappeared, he stalled, staring at my car as it pulled away. That small hesitation flooded my stomach with butterflies before he disappeared out of sight.

And just like that...my life resumed - unchanged and cold as ever.

******

I called Lilly on my way to the office asking her to bring me a change of clothes to the parking garage. I couldn't let my employees see me in something so revealing and casual.

Changing into a form fitting black dress and heels, I pinned my hair up and fixed my make up in the car mirror, receiving a sly grin from Lilly in the process.

"Did you enjoy your mini-vacation?"

"I did."

There were so many words left unspoken, but there was no need to share what had happened. Those memories were mine and they were sacred.