Chapter Forty - Cassandra

Cassandra ~

As much as I hated to admit it, a cozy night in to catch up on sleep was exactly what I needed, but not necessarily what I wanted.

Xavier's inked skin was pulled tight over thick muscles that were corded and firm as I laid in his lap. At first I thought it would be awkward to snuggle in such an intimate position with someone I hardly knew, but Xavier had a way of making me feel relaxed in any situation, which was comforting and frightening all at once.

I tried to keep my guard up as best as I could, but the longer I laid against Xavier's chest and breathed in his masculine scent, the more I unraveled and relaxed.

"First and most important thing first - what's your safe word?" Xavier asked against my hair.

"Sapphire."

"Sapphire...got it." He said confidently as he reached forward and grabbed some papers of the coffee table.

Xavier handed me a packet of documents and a pen, keeping a set for himself as we read through and checked off box after box of our preferences and interests.

This contract is different from the one I signed with Wade.

There were so many things listed that it was almost overwhelming and each item had three options along with a comments line.

Yes          Interested, but hesitant         No

I went through each line item, reading them carefully and checking the boxes one by one.

Bondage - yes

Gags - yes

Clamps - hmmm, I've never used them before... - Interested, but hesitant

Collaring - yes

Sensory deprivation - yes

Choking...

My pen stalled and I stared at the word for a few seconds, pulling Xavier's attention away from his own preference sheet.

"Not breath play. Choking as mobility restriction." He said, but his response caused me to have more questions than answers.

Looking up over my shoulder at him, I raised my brows and shrugged my shoulders, letting him know that I had no idea what any of that meant.

Without missing a beat, Xavier smiled at me and my inexperience as he sat up a little straighter, letting me rest against the couch cushions.

He lifted one of his strong tattooed hands toward me, wrapping his hand around my neck with his palm pressed against my throat.

The sensation caught me off guard and I felt my heart start to hammer against my ribs as he gave me a quick tutorial.

"If I want to choke you to hold you still, I put pressure here on the sides." He said in a calm deep voice as his fingers squeezed against the sides of my throat.

"Breath play restricts air flow for a short period of time. If you were interested in that, I'd put pressure here."

I felt a change in sensation as Xavier loosened his grip on the sides of my throat and used his palm to press against my wind pipe with just enough pressure to make it difficult to draw in a breath.

As much as I tried to find the pleasure in it...I hated it, shaking my head no and saying my safe word immediately.

"Sapphire."

The word made Xavier's smile grow even wider, climbing up the side of his cheek.

"Safe wording me already. I fucking love that." He praised before leaning forward to leave a trail of kisses where his hands had just been.