Chapter Eighty Four - Cassandra / Xavier

Cassandra ~

After dinner I noticed Xavier was particularly restless and watched his rigid body language never quite relax.

He must have felt my eyes tracking him across the room as he made his way into the kitchen and rinsed his plate.

Cruz haphazardly shrugged his shoulders and rolled his eyes at Xavier's pouty demeanor and quickly answered a work call on his cell phone, excusing himself from the table as he headed down the hall toward his office.

"Cassie, Come here."  Xavier's deep voice echoed.

My eyes met Rafs who lifted his chin in Xavier's direction, giving me a nonverbal command to do as Xavier had asked.

I followed him down the hallway and into his bedroom, studying his every move. He didn't seem angry or upset, just uneasy and I needed to know why.

"Are you going to tell me what's bothering you or are you going to make me guess." I asked, taking a seat on the side of the bed.

Pacing in front of me, Xavier ran his hand through his short hair with his upper body flexed and rigid.

"Talk to me." I softened my tone and patted the bed beside me. "Please."

Disregarding my invitation, Xavier went to the large bathroom sink and splashed some water on his face before bracing his weight on the marbled countertop.

"You seem better today." His voice was deep and genuine, with just a hint of concern.

"I feel better. Raf...Raf helped me."

I saw the muscles in Xavier's jaw tightened and flex beneath his skin.

"I would have helped you if you would have asked me to."

There it is. That's what's been bothering you hasn't it. Raf helped me in a way you couldn't.

"I didn't know that's what I needed." I replied honestly.

"But Raf knew?"

He's feeling inadequate, like he failed me somehow.

"Yes. Because he's been through something similar. No other reason than that."

Xavier nodded with his back to me, processing my words.

"Raf helped me realize a lot of things today."

"Like what?" Xavier asked, still facing the sink.

"Like how much I love you."

The words hung in the air for a few seconds and I braced myself for Xavier's reaction.

His head whipped in my direction with his brows lowered in a serious expression. His massive body ate up the space between us as he walked toward me with long heavy strides until he was towering over me. With one hand bracing his weight on the bed, he used the other to lift my chin, holding his face a few small inches from mine.

"Say it again." He ordered, studying my face as a smile lifted the corner of my mouth.

"I said I love y...." Before I could finish the phrase, Xavier's mouth dropped onto mine and he gripped the back of my neck harshly, delivering a powerful kiss that stole my breath.

His large body had me pinned to the bed and he devoured my mouth with hungry kisses that drove my senses wild.

"Cassie." He said my name like it was gospel.

"Ive loved you since the night I met you." His words vibrated against my neck and cheek as he continued his trail of kisses, touching me everywhere all at once with his body pressed against mine.