Chapter Eighty One - Cassandra

Cassandra ~

A week later I found myself in Miami. The large estate was exactly the same, but everything felt different. Xavier, Raf, and Cruz showered me with attention and affection and I couldn't get enough of it.

The most naive part of me assumed that our life would just continue where we left off, but the truth was, I was struggling. The forty eight hours I had spent beaten and chained to Wade's bed had done something to me, and any mention of the playroom or restraints in general sent me into a full on panic.

I had apologized so many times, and the boys were so graceful with me, giving me all the time I needed in order to feel comfortable with that level of intimacy again.

Rolling on my side in the bed, I felt a heavy arm draped across me followed by empty sheets. I groaned and stretched as I felt around the bed for two large bodies that weren't there.

Sitting up, I saw Cruz' ruffled hair to my right and felt him tighten his arm around me.

"Don't worry, they went to lift heavy weights over their heads to make themselves feel like men." Cruz muttered with a grin, mocking his brothers.

"You didn't want to join them?" I asked, sliding back down beside him, taking in his clean scent.

"And leave you in bed alone? Looking like this?" Cruz turned and slowly raised himself until he was hovering over me, putting his weight on his hands and knees so he didn't hurt me.

"Looking like what?" I asked, fishing for the compliments he was so eager to give me. 

Cruz pressed his lips against the soft skin of my neck, making a trail across my collar bone.

"Looking good enough to eat."

Letting my head fall back onto the pillow, I closed my eyes to try and enjoy the intimacy, but the second my eyes shut, I was back in Wade's room. The brief terrifying image caused me to tense and my eyes to pop open.

"Easy baby, it's just kisses. I swear." Cruz promised as he kissed a long lazy trail across the top of my breasts that were peeking out of my tank top.

It helped to look at him, to be able to stay in the present and enjoy the feeling of his lips against my skin. In fact it was the only way I could be intimate with them, I had to hide from the trauma that lurked just below the surface.

"Just kisses." He hummed again, his lips brushing against my skin with every word.

I felt my fears melt away, but as Cruz's lips traveled further down my abdomen, my breath caught and I clawed at the sheets. I wanted to let him continue, but my mind fought against me and I hated it.

"Stop me if you need to little love." He purred against my skin.

I don't want him to stop. Do I?

My body wanted him so badly, but my anxiety strangled me into submission.

"Stop me, baby." Cruz encouraged traveling further down my abdomen tonguing a trail above the hem of my shorts.

I tried as hard as I could, but my trauma was too loud.

"Sapphire." I rasped, causing Cruz's entire body to freeze as he broke contact and grinned at me.

"Good girl." He praised. "I need to know that you'll always stop me if you need to. And you needed to."

Unfazed and slightly pleased that I had safe worded him, Cruz settled next to me on the bed, extending one arm out to me. He let me decide if I wanted to cuddle, without pressuring me with physical contact. I gladly accepted and snuggled against his side, letting him rest his chin on my head.