Chapter Sixty Five - Cassandra

Cassandra ~

Xavier spent hours kissing me from head to toe in his bed. He paid special attention to every inch of my body with a softness that was so intentional and genuine. It was just as much his aftercare as it was mine and I loved every second of it.

He let me sleep in the next morning and I woke to the smell of coffee. The cup on the nightstand called to me, pulling me from sleep as I stretched and groaned, looking around the empty room for Xavier.

I found myself missing him when he was gone, even if it was just in the next room. It was cheesy as hell and a foreign feeling, but I felt it all the same. I wanted to be near him, to be touching him or feel his gaze.

Taking the cup of coffee into my hands, I sipped it as stood and made my way down the hall, following the echo of Xaviers deep voice.

It was like a song written just for me and I followed it until I found him sitting in the kitchen with Cruz.

"Good morning." I said softly with the cup in both of my hands.

"Morning." Xavier said with a smile as he immediately stood and walked toward me.

He seemed as anxious to touch me as I was to be touched, taking the cup from my hands and setting it on the counter as he wrapped me up in his muscular arms.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked in a deep voice that vibrated against my skin.

"Good."

It was the truth, I hadn't tossed or turned, hadn't had a single nightmare or even a dream for that matter.

"What's the plan for today?" I asked, reclaiming my cup and taking a seat at the table...the table that now gave me goosebumps every time I laid eyes on it.

"Cruz and I have some business to take care of this morning, but it shouldn't take long. We should be back after lunch."

"Rafs not going?" I asked as I sipped my coffee.

Xavier and Cruz exchanged glances before answering me.

"No he's not." Xavier said flatly. 

"The meeting we're going to is...delicate and requires a level head...a skill that Raf sometimes lacks." Cruz said with a grin.

There was clearly a hierarchy among Xavier, Raf, and Cruz, but it seemed complicated and I had yet to figure it out.

"Oh. Well that's fine. I don't mind hanging out with Raf for a few hours." I said with a shrug.

Another look between Xavier and Cruz before Xavier leaned forward and rubbed my leg as he spoke.

"I doubt he'll want to hang out."

"You may want to steer clear of Raf today little love."

My brows furrowed and I agreed but my curiosity was eating me alive.

Is Raf angry that he's being cut out of a meeting?

I made myself scarce after Xavier and Cruz left, taking care of a few work tasks before I decided to throw on my swimsuit and catch some sun by the pool. I draped a towel over my arm and headed toward the sprawling patio that encircled the pool, but my hand stopped at the door, realizing I needed to let Raf know where I was going.

Raf hadn't made a sound in the last hour and to be honest I had no clue where he was. Part of me considered Cruz's words, cautioning me to steer clear of Raf today, but he had to know where I was. Wanting to avoid a repeat of my disappearing act from the night before I searched the house for Raf, reminding myself to be brief and to stay out of his way.