Chapter Eighty Three - Raf

Raf ~

The world had completely shifted beneath my feet and I felt like a different person as I helped Cassie up the stairs. Something inside me clicked into place the moment the word love had left her lips and I felt more protective of her than I ever had before, which I didn't think was possible.

Every step she took, my arms were at the ready to catch her. I felt responsible for her happiness and comfort, and despite her being wildly independent and capable, I wanted to take care of all her needs.

Weeks prior I had rolled my eyes at the way Xay had jumped into action at her every word, but I understood now and had never felt so dominant.

Helping her in the tub, I gently lowered her into the warm water watching her sweet smile return and remain. She was so calm and comfortable with me and I knew our admissions of love for one another had given her the reassurance and safety she needed to fully give herself to me. No fear, no anxiety, just love and I was obsessed.

"I'm proud of you." I said against her wet hair as I wrapped her up in my arms.

I couldn't see her face, but I could hear her smile in her voice at my praise.

"I'm proud of me too."

We lounged in the tub for almost an hour, dozing in each other's arms. She never flinched at my touch or tensed at my deep voice which was progress from the last week we'd spent with her.

"Can I ask you something?" She finally said, forcing my eyes open and my head to lift from the side of the tub.

"Anything."

"Why do you...enjoy pain?"

I'd never had to explain my kinks to anyone before and it took me a second or two to gather my thoughts enough to respond.

"Some kinda Freudian shit from my parents I guess. The only time anyone ever showed me affection was after I took a beating. Guess I associate the two." I admitted with a shrug.

"Do you need it to...you know."

A smile gathered in the corner of my mouth at the fact that Cassie didn't want to say the word cum as if we weren't washing it off of ourselves at the moment.

"I can't finish without some element of pain."

Cassie's brows lowered as she considered my words carefully, picking them apart in her mind.

"You liked it when I scratched you and when I bit you...what um...what else do you like?"

My smile grew wider and I turned her in my arms until she was facing me.

"Are you trying to figure out what gets me off?" I asked, with a grin, loving the fact that she was trying to learn how to please me.

"Yes. I want to know what you like." Her words were soft and genuine.

"Any kind of external pain or pressure will do it for me. How about I give you a list of things I don't like. It's much shorter." I chuckled.

"I don't like being struck in the face. Ever."

Cassie let out a sigh as if she understood me completely and nodded in agreement.

"And I'm not Cruz. I don't want to be dominated."

Cassie's mouth curled into a smile at the mention of Cruz.

"So Xavier gets off on control, you get off on intensity and pain, and Cruz gets off on?"

Shaking my head at my brothers antics and preferences, I finished Cassie's sentence with the only word I could think of to describe Cruz.

"Everything." I chuckled. "He likes games - bargains, dares, deals. Cruz's motto is pleasure at all costs."