Chapter Forty-One : RED

Lucifer lay resting deep within (Y/n)'s consciousness. Rubbles of (Y/n)'s fragmentary memory pieces floated all around the deity who hovered in a mid-air standstill position. Lucifer's body was in a state of comfortable slumber, the white subconscious space storing the fragments of (Y/n)'s memories. The deity was peacefully sleeping within his vessel, his consciousness and soul existing in a seemingly endless expanse of time.

Poke poke.

"Mm..." Lucifer mumbled under his breath, his brows wrinkled slightly at the sensation of poking on his cheek. Despite it, Lucifer decided to ignore it and tried to resume his slumber.

Poke poke poke.

Lucifer clicked his tongue in annoyance at the sensation, his eyes still closed as he tried to ignore it. Whatever is poking his cheek, it starting to tick him off.

Poke poke poke pok-

"ENOUGH!!" In a fit of rage, Lucifer awoken from his slumber with a loud scream towards the individual who continuously poking his cheek. He trembled the entire white space with a burst of his energy. He cast a ferocious glare upon whatever the hell wake him up from his peaceful sleep. HIs brow rised as his eyes sees an orange dog-like creature slowly spins away in mid-air due to of his prior abrupt powerful scream.

"Woah! Easy there!"

His curiosity escalate even further upon hearing the creature talked "Your temper never changed a bit, does it. Buddy?" The creature smiled as its body stabilized, and greet the deity without a scrap of fear embedded within its voice. Once they made an eye contact, Lucifer's eyes slowly widened as he remembered the face of his best friend. Memories of all their shared experiences began flooding back into his mind, as he froze in complete shock. It was truly unexpected to see his best friend just appear out of nowhere like this, and deity couldn't process how Pochita arrived so sudden.

"Chainsaw!" For the first time, Lucifer's voice brimming with happiness. At last, he re-united with his best friend for such a long time "Greetings, Lucifer!" Pochita smiled brightly with his eyes happily closed. His arms opened for a hug, and Lucifer flew towards him, embracing him and both of them shared their warmth.

"It's been so long... I missed you so so much.." Lucifer confessed, for first time throughout his entire cosmic existence, he shed a tear "I missed you too, my dear friend" Pochita responded, a soft smile spreads across his face as the two of them relished their moment together. After a while, they slowly separates and give each other a smile "How do you manage to get here, Chainsaw?" Lucifer asked, still in disbelief that Pochita abruptly invade into (Y/n)'s mind.

Pochita let out few chuckles towards Lucifer's question "That's because (Y/n) have transmitted some of your energy towards me at the exact moment his hand hold onto Denji's!" Pochita explained. Lucifer was quite surprised at his explanation, despite the tremendous pain (Y/n) and himself had endured, his twin still able to use his power at the verge of fainting, which made his admiration towards his twin escalated to greater height.

"I see. I supposed he wanted to heal his brother's body but made a contact you in return" Lucifer remarked with brief laugh, grateful to see his best friend again "He's full of surprises isn't he?" Pochita smiled, which earn a nod from Lucifer "Indeed he is" Lucifer agreed.

The two of them float next to each other, gazing towards the fragments of (Y/n)'s memories, his laughs, his smiles, his cheerful giggles and his bright time with Aki, Power and Denji delighted their eyes to see, as if looking through an old album full of memories "(Y/n)'s a good kid, he just rough around the edge. During the battle within that train, he utilize his own body as shield in order to protect another innocent life" Lucifer acknowledged, smiling softly at the sight before him.