Chapter Two: Anomaly

Denji opened his eyes as his brother kept clinging to him like some sort of teddy bear, he didn't mind and hugged his younger brother's short body with Pochita comfortably slept with (Y/n). Somehow, He can't sleep and left with his thoughts "Can't sleep.." Denji murmured and lays on his back, staring at the rusted ceiling.

"My mind always thinking about money, it's so hard to sleep without thinking about it, as if it some sort of curse injected into me" Denji murmured, Pochita opened his eyes, looking at Denji who absent-mindedly staring towards the ceiling above him "Y'know, Pochita. Everytime I remember the dream i wanted, it always making me" Denji's mouth curved into a smile as Pochita listened.

"Eating bread with jam everyday with both of you, getting a girlfriend and make out with her everyday, Playing videogames together with my lil bro and then we all fall asleep like this, hugging each other on a comfortable king-sized bed" Denji explained his dream he wanted towards Pochita.

"Sounds great, am i right?" Denji gazed at Pochita with a grin "Woof!" Pochita responded with enthusiasm in his voice, Denji's smile grew even more, eventually it turns into a frown and he suddenly shot up in sitting position.

Denji coughed up blood that almost getting his matress dirty, He let out a hoarse wheeze as he stares at his palm that soaked with red blood, a line of blood rolling below his lips as well "Woof! Woof!" Pochita barked with concern in his voice as he tried his best to wake (Y/n) up by shaking his body.

(Y/n) stirred from his peaceful sleep, he slowly sat himself up while rubbing his groggy eyes "What's wrong big bro?" (Y/n) yawned as he opened his eyes, His sleepy eyes suddenly went wide in shock after he saw Denji coughed up blood.

"Oh shit, Hold on! Let me heal you!" (Y/n) aimed his palm towards his older brother and transfer some of his psychic energy towards Denji, healing his wound and stopped the bleeding. Denji take a deep breath before exhale, his throat soaked in blood, has been healed by (Y/n).

"Thanks, bro. I owe ya" Denji patted (Y/n)'s head with a small smile, his other hand wiping the blood beneath his lips. (Y/n) only frowned because his oldest brother is the only one inherit the disease from his mother but not not including himself.

Their head whipped to gaze at the door after their ears heard bunch of knocks from the other side "Got a devil for you boys, time for work" The old man spoke.

Afterwards, the old man drive in town or supposed 'city', the two brothers is with him as well, Pochita is currently taking a nap on (Y/n)'s lap as he got fed with head pats by him. Denji only staring through the glass car as his head lean against it, looking at the wonderous buildings.

'At least let us dream..' Denji thought, absent-mindedly staring through the window.

...

...

They finally reach the old warehouse, where the old man told them where the devil supposed to be. Denji and (Y/n), including Pochita as Denji's weapon, followed the Yakuza enters the building.

Strangely enough, there's no devils can be seen inside of the warehouse, not even a groan or anything "It looks like there's nothing here.." (Y/n) Murmured, he and his brother looking around to spot a devil the yakuza mentioned as they walked behind his tail.

"Maybe it's hiding?" Denji ponder "You're probably right on that one, big bro" (Y/n) agreed with him. Suddenly, the old geezer stop on his track, the two brothers got confused and stop behind him as well, both of them peer at the old man who had his back facing them "We're so grateful to you boys, you two know that right?" The old geezer questioned, his back still having both of them.