Chapter Twenty-Eight : Value

"I failed them"

That's the sentence exit from (Y/n)'s lips. 

He sat in a white space of limbo, lost in thought, his heart weighed down by the failure to protect the ones who were close to him. His feelings were a mixture of sadness and anger, the thoughts regarding his meaningless sacrifice were circling in his mind as his fists clenched tightly. His nails began to dig into his skin.

Despite his strength, he felt helpless against the harsh reality that he had to accept

Despite his strength, he felt helpless against the harsh reality that he had to accept. His head hung low, wondered what he could have done differently to prevent this tragedy. The thought of not being able to protect them caused a deep sense of regret and guilt to arise within him. He felt the burden of responsibility weighing on his shoulders, and the pressure of the world bearing down on him.

"You're not the one to blame, (Y/n)"

The voice filled with distortion and glitches has made (Y/n) snap from his thought. He moved his eyes to the side, and saw Null floating beside him. His black-inky aura flowing out of his body, and his two glowing eyes set upon (Y/n).

"No one can predict what future hold. You did the best you could, and there's no need for you to place yourself inferior from others" Null comforted the young boy.

(Y/n) remained silent, And he avert his gaze from the deity nested inside of him "You don't get it" (Y/n) hissed through his gritted teeth. As his eyes stared down at the white surface of the limbo, an angry gleam appeared in his eyes.

"I vowed to myself that I'll do anything to protect the life I have now and including my family, even it means sacrificing myself for them, I'm willing to do it" (Y/n) explained "But in the end, my sacrifice means nothing! I got fucking massacred by the devil that has skinniest limbs I ever seen and I can't even land a single fucking hit on that thing! Although, I had batshit powers that ordinary people don't have and still can't do shit!" (Y/n) ranted out. His pupils shook aggressively as his inner anger continued to bubble up like a boiling water.

"Seriously, what the hell is my purpose in this world? It's like everything I do, bear no meaning, let alone my existence" (Y/n) spat, enraged that he can't do anything against the devil with the skinniest limbs in the existence.

"Every second I breathe, I felt like my whole existence is a mistake and every actions that I had committed doesn't even matter" He expresses frustration at being unable to control his inner anger, so much so that his jaw is hurting from the intensity of his tooth-gnashing. He's desperate to release this overwhelming emotion, but feels unable to do so.

"I hate being weak and pitiful.. yet, here I am"

"I'm not worthy to have these batshit powers within me. I am nothing but a brat with shitty attitude" (Y/n) snarled.

 I am nothing but a brat with shitty attitude" (Y/n) snarled