Chapter Fourteen : Onslaught

"We've got a guest from Public safety. Get the good stuff for her" A mafia said, facing Makima who sat on the couch in front of him. There's a desk between them. Few mafia lackeys stood behind the couch Makima sat, seemingly observing her as she talked to their boss. The place Makima visited, is somehow connected to the ambush accident in the other day "Thank you for your cooperation" Makima replied with the smile she always wear on her face "Well, I heard about our younger guys popping off in Tokyo. I figure I owe you any answer I've got" The mafia smirked, leaned back against his couch "I want you to understand that it wasn't on my orders" The mafia added before he took something in his pocket and placed it on the desk, A picture of Sawatari with few individuals within it.

"From what i've heard, this Sawatari woman's the one behind it. She was the contract that hooked these kids into deals involving the gun devil" The mafia informed as Makima examine the picture he showed to her "What kind of deals?" Makima asked, averting her gaze to the Mafia "They give the gun devil 20,000 yen and they get guns including ammos in exchange" The mafia responded, rising two of his fingers "Fancy that, even devils needing money" He chuckled as he lower his hand with a smirk "They're not so different from us, after all" He commented. Makima handed him empty piece of paper "I need you to write down the names of everyone in your organization that has a contract with the gun devil" She demands.

"Yeah, no problem" The mafia casually replied, taking the paper from her grasp before placing it on the desk "Throw them in the slammer for a while, give them something to think about" He added "I'll also need the names from the other families, as well. Not just yours" Makima's words made the mafia slightly perplexed "Miss.. you're not getting the big picture here. If I did that, and the other families found out, it'd mean war" The mafia remarked, not agreeing what Makima had said previously "It'd be real stupid" He spat. He would then take out a cigarette on the table and ignite it using a lighter "It's for the safety of the public" Makima assures him nonchalantly "I'm requesting your cooperation" She added "Do you ever hear the term 'necessary evil' before, missy?" The guy questioned as he blew the cigarette from his lips, his eyes still fixed on her face as he spoke.

"What happens if we end up wiping each other out? All it does is open up Japan to foreign mafia" He stated, pointing his cigarette to her direction "But the Chinese and Soviet mobs make us look like angels. And we're the ones keeping them away" He explained. He would take a long drag from the cigarette, blowing the smoke at her direction, insulting her. Makima's smile remain unaltered, it's still intact to her face "Just like how devil hunters keep people safe from devils, the yakuza are keeping Japan safe from foreigners. Though I hear there's a lot of uneducated types in your line of work, so maybe you just don't get it" He commented, his lackeys burst into laugher.

Their laugher fades as soon Makima pull out a package "It's gonna take more than a bribe to get me to snitch, missy" The mafia smirked upon seeing the package Makima shown to him "This isn't money" Makima responded, placing the package on the desk, making the mafia and his lackeys confused.

"The collection of things that belong to associates of everyone here. Parent's, Grandparents, Siblings, Lovers, Wives. Their eyes" Makima explained.

"Eyes?" The mafia repeated, confused. He opened the package and saw numerous eyeballs residing within the package, an actual human eyeballs which making him flinch and shriek fearfully "Please calm down. Public safety has someone who can return these safety, In exchange for your cooperation, I can introduce you-" before Makima finish her sentence, a lackey foolishly cocking his fist in preparation to punch her as he held her shoulder.