“Mr. Sherwood, remember, don’t say things you shouldn’t say, or else you’ll pay the price.”

He left these words behind, stood up, took his phone, and left quickly.

Jayden turned his head, staring at that cold and proud figure, clenching his teeth fightly.

Just before the door closed, James stopped and turned around, raising his chin like a ruler with the power of life and death.

“Don’t forget to apologize to my brother—”

Eva quickly found out about James coming to settle the score with Jayden. Amelia asked if she should go and plead for him, but Eva refused.

She said that Jayden brought this trouble upon himself and he should bear the consequences. James did nothing wrong.

Eva was still clear in her mind, but Jayden was her fiancé, so this relationship had to continue.

Amelia was more worried about Eva’s second marriage. If the second marriage didn’t turn out well, Eva might never dare to get married again.

Eva said Paul wasn’t a good choice either. Jayden had some behavioral issues, but Paul was unfaithful, which was a bigger problem.

Amelia thought there was some truth to what Eva said, but..

“Paul shed tears for you.”

Eva paused for a moment and then smiled as if she remembered something.

“He accidentally stepped on a mouse in my small apartment one night and ended up crying.”

“Really?””

Upon hearing this explosive news, Amelia’s eyes lit up.

“A grown man can be scared to tears by a mouse?”

“Yeah.”

Eva placed a piece of cut steak on Amelia’s plate.

“So, he’s just a spoiled kid. His tear doesn’t mean anything.”

Amelia wanted to say something for Paul while Stella rushed over in a hurry.

After sitting down, Stella explained everything that had happened in the director’s office to both of them.

James didn’t kick her out of the office; it was clear he wanted to use her to tell Eva what kind of person Jayden is.

His intention was quite clear – he wanted her to make a better choice after understanding Jayden’s true character.

It’s not necessarily about choosing Paul, but whether or not to marry Jayden was something that needed to be carefully considered, as marriage involved major life decisions.

So, even if it involved Ryan, Stella told them everything.

After listening, Eva’s face gradually darkened. She didn’t expect Jayden to bring up Ryan in order to retaliate against James.

Ryan and Amelia were her relative. Their issues were in the past, and James never played any manipulative tricks in front of Ryan. Even when James pursued Amelia back then, it was openly done, though a bit aggressive, but he never harmed Ryan in private.

After James and Ryan went through many things, they understood each other and eventually both left Amelia. It was only after both sides had left that Amelia and James rekindled their relationship. It’s completely different from the situation with Jayden and Paul.

Now, Jayden comparing Ryan to Paul in order to provoke James was a denial of Ryan’s character and a lack of respect for Amelia,

Eva could forgive Jayden for using these methods against Paul because Paul was the one who harassed her first, and Jayden’s way of keeping his girlfriend was understandable. But Amelia and Ryan were her closest people, so she couldn’t allow others to use Ryan and Amelia as weapons for retaliation.