Chapter 50: Beauty

Start from the beginning

~

When I saw that the remaining time on the map application was thirty minutes, I woke my girlfriend. I called her name a few times, and when her eyes finally fluttered open, she groggily asked, "Are we there yet?"

I chuckled at her cuteness.

"If the roads stay as clear as they have been, then we will get there really soon," I replied, and from my peripheral vision, I saw her readjusting herself to face me.

Bailey placed a soft kiss on my hand that was held in hers and said, "Thank you for waking me, angel. I really can't wait to see what you have planned. It's so exciting, and just being with you, doing this together, it's amazing."

As soon as I stopped at the next light, I glanced at my girlfriend and smiled at her. I pulled her closer with the hands that were intertwined together and placed a quick kiss on her lips before responding, "You have no idea how true that statement is for me, and... speaking of the surprise... we're here, sweetheart."

I watched as she jumped up in her seat and began looking around through the car windows. I turned the corner, pulled into the lot, and parked after ensuring the emergency brake was on. Even though it was late evening, and the sun was practically setting, it was still light enough to see our surroundings. From where we were located, what could be seen was vast, tall trees and part of the ocean, along with a lighthouse on the far end of the rocks. Bailey was so distracted and excited, looking around at everything, that I was able to open the trunk and start removing the items from within it.

"A tent?" Bailey asked as soon as she stood beside me and saw the package.

Looking at her, I could tell she was slightly confused; I could see she was trying to put all the pieces together. So, while responding to her with a smile, I confirmed, "Yes, and it's the largest one I could find at Wal-Mart, too."

"Wait a minute—" She began to say but suddenly cut herself off as something clicked and remained silent. I lovingly observed my girlfriend while she glanced into a couple of the bags, touched the blankets, and opened the cooler filled with ice. Bailey looked from me and back to everything she had just previously examined. She looked up to the sky, smiled beautifully, and turned around, looking at what surrounded us.

"You didn't..." Bailey murmured astonishingly as soon as she faced me again.

"Yeah, I did, sweetheart," I replied as my woman practically crashed into my body and wrapped her arms tightly around me.

I held her more petite frame close, securely putting my strong, tattooed arms around her.

I'm pretty sure she figured it out.

"We're going camping, aren't we?" Bailey asked with a huge grin on her face.

"Yes, we are... as soon as you mentioned that was something you always wanted to do... I was going to make that happen for you," I explained, and the smile on my face never faltered.

"How were you able to do it, and when, and like, where even are we?" My girlfriend rambled, her excitement as clear as the night sky above us.

"With the help of Shay and pretty much before and during the time we were at Wal-Mart. She helped me look for a few places, and eventually, found the perfect one that had everything I wanted for you..." I answered, kissing her forehead, "As for where we are, we're at Beavertail State Park."

As my girlfriend looked through the items in the trunk, she looked at me almost astonishingly, stating, "You've thought of everything, haven't you, angel?"

A knowing smile rested on her face.

I chuckled, "I really hope so... All I want is for this experience to be perfect."