Chapter 26: Relaxation

*Parker's POV*

The moment we entered the house, Bailey stayed silent and walked straight toward her bedroom. My eyes never left her direction; my mind swarmed with endless possibilities of what had happened and how she was feeling. The urge to follow her was intense. When Shay joined me, she placed her hand on my shoulder, saying, "I'll take care of everything out here and bring everything inside. Then, I'll start dinner... Go to her, Park; she needs you."

I think I'm starting to need her too...

I hugged Shay before heading to Bailey's bedroom, then knocked gently on the door. I patiently waited for permission to enter; her soft acceptance soon permitted me entry, "Come in."

As soon as I saw her face, I knew she was struggling; my heart hammered in my chest at the sight, "Are you okay?"

"Honestly, I'm emotionally drained," Her reply was instant and truthful.

"What can I do?" I asked next.

"Stay with me tonight?"

No words were spoken between us after her request; I knew she understood my facial expressions and body language. I went around the bed and sat on the same side as I did the last time I was in her room when I stayed the night. Bailey remained in what resembled a sitting fetal position, almost like she was closing herself off, and... I knew what that kind of response would bring. She's in a dark place with so many negative emotions, and even though I don't know what actually happened, this beautiful person before me is in so much pain. I need to pull her out of it.

I adjusted a couple of pillows and stacked each so I could lean on them in a semi-upright position. When I was comfortable, I softly said, "Come here, sweetheart."

My voice grabbed her attention; she pulled her head away from being in her arms and looked at me. I opened my arms for her, and that action caused Bailey's bottom lip to quiver; her eyes showed no hesitation. She quickly moved over and rested her body right next to mine. Just as she leaned her head on my chest, my arms wrapped around her perfectly, and she let her emotions go.

Wave after wave, I held onto her, never faltering in her dire time of need. I realized she had fallen asleep when Bailey's breathing became slow and steady. Having her in my arms and feeling her restful rhythmic movements made my eyelids very heavy. I soon found myself having difficulties staying awake, and I eventually drifted off to sleep.

I wasn't sure how much time had passed, but I was awoken by a gentle hand stroking my cheek and calling my name a few times. When my vision focused, I looked into Bailey's beautiful eyes. It made me sad to see how red her face still appeared to be and how swollen her eyes were too. She might have a little bit of a headache tomorrow. I'll remind her to take some Tylenol if it happens. Bailey leaned her head back down on my chest, took a deep breath, and said, "Thank you for staying, Parker. I feel so safe with you... I figured I should say it aloud and in person because you deserve to know and not assume anything."

I softly chuckled at her words because they resonated with me wholeheartedly. It was precisely how I felt as well whenever I was in her presence, so I replied, "I know you do; I can see it in your eyes, and since we're opening up... you should know that I, too, feel safe when I'm with you."

"I had a feeling, but it's nice to know for sure," Bailey responded, and by the tone of her voice, I could tell she was smiling. Then she added, "Can I ask you something?"

"Always."

"Do you only see me as your student?" She boldly uttered, causing butterflies to swarm around in the deepest pits of my stomach. Could she know how nervous her question made me? How does she feel about me?