Chapter 34: Presentations

*Parker's POV*

The sudden alarm woke me but only slightly roused the beautiful being in my arms. The smile on my face grew with each passing second, and waking up feeling such a way was amazing. I can't remember the last time I felt like this, especially in a new relationship. Not only did Bailey help with my current happiness, but today, my students would be presenting their final projects. I'm so excited to see their interpretations of what inspires them, and that reminds me... I need to talk to my boss. She should know I'm dating my student; it's the right thing to do, and I don't want to walk around hiding a secret or have her find out from someone else other than myself or Bailey. I just hope she takes it well... Either way, our relationship isn't wrong, we're not in high school, and we're both adults.

"A penny for your thoughts, angel?" Bailey groggily muttered as she lifted her head off my chest, and my eyes found hers.

"Good morning, sweetheart," I replied, kissed her forehead, then added, "How did you sleep?"

"Wonderfully, and I hope that wasn't an attempt to dodge my question," Bailey jested, responding to me while her smile remained. I hope she smiles like this forever.

"Not at all; I can't help but feel like asking how everyone slept is part of the good morning spiel..." I explained, pausing just enough to ensure I said my following words correctly, "Given that today is our first official day back for classes, I thought it best to meet with Mrs. Bradey and tell her about you and me. I wouldn't want to keep you or our relationship a secret, and I feel it's the right thing to do..." I stopped for another brief moment, looked into my girlfriend's eyes, and continued, "I wanted to talk to you about it first as this isn't a decision that I should be making on my own when it involves the two of us... so... What are your thoughts on the matter?"

"I absolutely agree; you should tell her. I wouldn't want what we have to be hidden even though we won't be flaunting it around all willy-nilly, either." Bailey started saying, and I nodded as she kept on with her thought, "It's as you said; it is the right thing to do, and in the end, your boss should know you're dating one of your own students."

"You're right, and we might have to leave earlier than usual so I can have enough time to meet with her before my first class begins," I stated, and Bailey just smiled at me as if she was already aware of what I had just mentioned.

A short couple of seconds passed, and my gorgeous woman and I were merely staring at each other with content expressions. The way the corners of her mouth would slowly tug into a smile was so endearing and charming to me, but her bright, multi-hued eyes were always my favorite. I get lost in them all the time... and wonder if she's noticed me doing that. The urge of wanting my lips on hers became so intense, and it was that feeling which pulled me closer to her. Even by my simplest of movements, she caught on, and before another thought or glance could pass from either of us, we were lip-locked in a slow kiss.

I love the way we react to each other.

I pulled away, placed a peck on her cheek, then rose from the bed and helped her up as well. While in a standing position, our hands were still intertwined. Right before we separated to get ourselves ready, Bailey said, "I love the way you kiss me... It's like nothing else I've ever felt before..."

"Sweetheart, you took the words right out of my mouth," I replied, watching her rest her head on my chest, taking everything I said for all it was worth, and to me... it was worth the world. Knowing I make her feel this way through a simple gesture is everything to me, and... I'll always ensure she smiles every day too.

Out of nowhere, and in a sing-song voice, Bailey finished the next part of the Meatloaf lyrics I had just started, "Oh, it must have been while you were kissing me."