Chapter 33: Together

*Bailey's POV*

As soon as I opened my eyes, I was awarded the beautiful sight of Parker, and my grin couldn't be contained, nor did I want it to. Ever since we became a couple, I never wanted or felt the need to hide my feelings about her, and she always brings it out of me; she doesn't even have to try. Being around her is so easy; it's surreal to me sometimes. Her head was resting adorably on my chest while one of her tattooed arms was wrapped around my stomach. Her other free arm was curled into her between the two of us, and that gorgeous red hair of hers had a mind of its own, freely flowing wherever it wanted to lay. Staring at her for hours is something I'll happily do whenever possible.

Suddenly, I felt my woman stretch slightly, and she adjusted herself by moving her head closer to my own, then she sighed contently. I realized that I never once flinched, got scared, or had any worrisome thoughts about how she'd treat me, not like I used to when Victoria slept next to me. Parker is special, and I have no doubts that every single time I wake up with her will be nothing but amazing, peaceful, and full of safety... Today was the last day of the Christmas break, and I was ecstatic to return to school so I could present my final project to her. The only small matter about returning now was that we couldn't show our affection toward each other the way I would like, but it made complete sense. It was an understandable sacrifice that we discussed at length the other day.

When my phone's text notification went off, I extended my arm to grab it off the nightstand and looked at who had messaged me.

Teresa: "Hey, girlie!! How's your final project coming along? I love how mine is turning out. I'll send you a pic once I finish the part I'm working on."

Teresa: "Oh, and good morning, lmao!!"

Before I could respond to my amazing friend, I noticed what time it was, and I realized I needed to wake Parker up. I kissed her forehead and called her name a few times until I saw her stunning crystal blue eyes finally fluttering open, landing on me. Her smile was instant, and seeing how happy she appeared as soon as she looked at me warmed my heart on many levels. Parker softly yawned, stretched, and with a groggy voice, said, "Good morning, beautiful. How did you sleep?"

"Wonderfully, and you?" I replied, smiling.

"So good that I don't want to leave this bed or you, but..." She started replying, only to yawn again, so I finished her sentence.

"But you've got to help your boss prepare the curriculum for the newer professors that just started over the Christmas break, I know."

Parker smiled at me and leaned in, kissing my lips ever so softly. Her eyes were still closed when she parted; she said, "I'm going to go take a quick shower, and I really appreciate you waking me up."

"Of course. Do you want anything for breakfast before you go?" I asked as she got out of bed and searched for her clothes.

"I wouldn't mind a coffee and one of Shay's homemade muffins, though... I don't know if we still have any," Parker said thoughtfully, placing her few clothing items over the chair.

"I'll go check, and if we don't, I'll stop by Dunkin really quick and pick something up for you," I happily said, getting out of bed myself.

I began walking towards the door, but Parker had other plans as she caught my hand and turned me around. I was soon facing my girlfriend, and I wrapped my arms around her waist while she said, "You're sweet. Thank you for thinking of me."

"You're welcome, angel, and..." I paused, moving my head closer to her ear, then whispered, "I don't think I could stop thinking of you even if I tried, and to be honest, I don't ever want you out of my head."