65. AUGUST

And then canceled my plans just in case you'd callBack when I was livin' for the hope of it all, for the hope of it all

Back when I was livin' for the hope of it all, for the hope of it all

Wonbin, respecting Myeong's preference to remain in the lodge for a few more minutes, walked towards the lake alone, accompanying a few of his classmates.

It was after about one hour when they decided to look around the place where the lake is situated but Myeong voiced her choice to stay in the lodge instead, not even accompanying Haneul and Sora who merely just planned to look around, if not the lake.

He made his way through the tall trees that stood sentinel along the paved path, illuminated by stand lights scattered at strategic distances.

The sounds of laughter and distant chatter accompanied their journey to the lake. The night embraced them as they walk through the darkened forest, creating an enchanted atmosphere on their way to join the gathering around the shimmering waters.

Wonbin, enjoying the scenic walk, fished out his phone to take a few pictures of the surroundings, being aware that both Jiwon and Myeong would appreciate the view if he shows them. He captured the forest spreaded across by both his sides, adorned with shadows and glimmers of light while his friends walked ahead quicker.

Reaching the lake, they all take a moment to marvel at how the water sparkled under the dark sky adorned with countless stars until they scattered around.

The reflection of the full moon on the calm surface of the lake added an ethereal touch. Wonbin once again angled his camera to take photos, anticipating the joy these images would bring to Jiwon and Myeong when shared later.

"Let's go check a little further" One of them voiced to which most nodded in agreement and followed along.

"You aren't coming?" Chanyoung asked turning back on noticing Wonbin's absence, who shook his head, replying "I'll stay here"

The former nodded and trailed behind the others to get a better view of the lake.

He watched the others moved around the lake, navigating with flashlights or relying on the distant stand lights while standing at the same spot, capturing the view from his vantage point. Holding up his phone, he framed the scene, the presence of few students into the frame made it look better with essence.

However, his focus was momentarily interrupted by a hand placed on his shoulder.

Wonbin turned around, coming to see it was Minhyuk, who was unaware of his moment of capturing the shot and apologized sincerely "sorry for disturbance," acknowledging the unexpected interruption.

Wonbin reassured him with a smile, "No problem." And let him stand by his side, taking in the tranquil ambiance of the lake under the starry sky. "You didn't join?"

He moved aside as in gesturing for Minhyuk to join him in who already held his phone and finally replied with eyes on the phone screen, "Just"

Wonbin hummed and brought down his phone to slide through the newly taken pictures. Whereas, Minhyuk continued capturing the moments of the lake and surroundings.