02. CLASS FOUR

"Your smell was never unfamiliar"

MYEONG

Today.

A new year is going to start from today onwards.

As like every student surrounding me, outside the school, in the sports field, I was wishing to have a good start and an overall good time during the final year of high school.

"The classes will be alloted according to grades right?" Haneul asked the excited Sora. The called girl looked more hopeful than the two of us.

I was smiling lightly behind my mask. She has this energy that constantly emerges out and embrace you even if you don't spread your arms first.

"I heard so..." Sora's voice dropped slightly, trying to confirm her own information to herself before clarifying it to us first.

I looked at the two silently.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting my entry into a class full of all the students who topped in the results with only A+ etched on their pretty report cards. Neither was Sora; she told me she did worse than mine.

We never asked what grades or marks we got but only what it concluded.

Maybe we both would be in the same class and Haneul would be the one to get separated from us. The latter didn't look happy either, about the news so she just stayed quieter and later on, hold my arm in the late winter air.

Soon a tall man, dressed in half blue and green tshirts and polyester track pants, ordered the students (us) to stand in straight lines, gender wise. He was the P.E teacher, specially employed for the twelfth grade so none of us in the lines have ever did his classes in the previous year.

Me, Haneul and Sora stood together with me at the middle, according to height even if the teacher didn't mention. He didn't need to.

The Teacher whom I learned the name of as Gwon Byungho, started calling out names of students discretely along with the mentions of the sections they were allotted in, soon after introducing himself.

I understood that Mr. Gwon doesn't like to waste time for how he reprimanded few of the students who were, according to him, going to their arranged classes in a very slow pace.

Within few minutes, I was called first from the trio. The section being said after my name was four.

As expected...I thought.