16. SACRIFICE AT A STAGE

You think I'm gonna hate you now'Cause you still don't know what I never said

'Cause you still don't know what I never said

MYEONG

One day passed since i had a talk with Wonbin in the canteen. He took my number in case he might need to text me anything about the study session, which I gave at that moment only. I don't know if he remembered it well to save it later on as none of us had any pen and paper at that moment.

He didn't ask again so I did not plan either, about going back to class and giving it to him.

He also told me that we aren't supposed to tell this anyone, about us studying physics together, because if the information happens to fall in Mr. Choi's ears, he might get mad for seeking tuitions when I could have just asked him.

Mr. Choi is one of a kind and he will definitely not let me go away easily if he finds out I'm taking help from Wonbin, the student he has the most faith on that he would raise our school's reputation with his final results.

The thing is, we both assume I will disrupt his studies. Though he doesn't know about it till now.

Wonbin further added that it was Mr. Geum who suggested for the betterment.

I know no teacher would be happy to hear that their student is taking tuitions in the same subject they teach. I would go into depression and doubt my profession if I was a teacher.

He also said that lesser the people know that we will be studying together, the more better. So Wonbin's is aware about the school gossipers well enough. It's not something to hide from Haneul and Sora so I told them just after I entered the classroom from the canteen.

Haneul looked happy for me as she was feeling bad for not being able to guide me. Sora's expression wasn't something I'd even see in the shop to give a price to it.

She was gasping so hard just by knowing that how easily Wonbin got ready to guide.

Aware that time management might be hard for him, I ended up putting my next move on just declining kindly that it was okay if he can't take out time but on further pondering, I don't think that would be nice to do.

If he takes more time in giving the final assurance of the session then I would just tell him to not be pressurised about helping me.

But it was midnight—about 2:15 am—and I was solving math equations from the newly given worksheet which has to be submitted in the morning and my phone screen lit up, showing up a new message from an unsaved number.

It was indeed Wonbin.

Expecting a text from him this late at night wasn't in the list.