64. ATTENTION SEEKER

As the evening sun painted the sky with hues of warmth, Myeong readied herself for the upcoming party

As the evening sun painted the sky with hues of warmth, Myeong readied herself for the upcoming party. Anticipation lingered in the air, hoping to spend some memorable moments with her school friends.

She carefully selected a comfortable outfit and walked out of the room some minutes earlier than planned so she can have a leisurely stroll to the place, thoughts of the evening ahead filled her with excitement.

Wonbin suggested to go along with him as his house is conveniently closer and near the venue and also is on the way of the route Myeong would take so she first had to drop by his house.

The sky darkened completely till she reached his house and realises only after checking her phone that she left her house way earlier than stated to Wonbin over the phone.

So Myeong prefered to wait outside the house as his parents might be home now and sends a quick text to Wonbin, saying I'm waiting outside your house.

Wonbin
You came so early
I'm just starting to get ready
Come inside

Are your parents at home?

Wonbin
don't worry
only mom is at home, and
she won't ask anything more than
how are you lol

Myeong cackled a titter before replying an "okay :) if you say so". And walked inside the gate and soon knocked on the door, taking a momentary look over the quiet porch of the house just when the door swung open, revealing Jiwon with a warm greeting smile.

The latter moved aside, gesturing her to enter inside.

Myeong smiled back and ruffled his hair playfully on the way to inside, and expected to see someone in the living room but found it to be empty. Jiwon escorts her to the sofa to let  her sit while she waits.

Then he joins along, taking a comfortable seat on the single sofa, curious about the upcoming gathering. "Where's the gathering party?"

However, Myeong, unsure about all the details herself, mentioned after giving a quick thought "It's near the west side forest in a lodge booked for today"

Jiwon's brows furrowed, showcasing his impressed reaction, "Sounds good. It must be very big to accommodate so many students"

Myeong nodded with an agreeing smile when Eunjeong happened to walk into the scene, dressed in office apparal. She forwarded a smile on seeing the girl, and noticing the elder's presence, Myeong quickly got up and gave a bow.

Jiwon follows after but walked to his mom, "Uni?" he simply asked to which Eunjeong nodded then looking at Myeong who remained standing there, she shortly approached her. "How are you Myeong?"

"I'm doing pretty nice. How about you ma'am?" Myeong smiled noddingly.

"Same here." Mrs. Park paused to take the files the housemaid was extending forward and continued "Wonbin told me there's a small party held by your school mates. Hope you have fun there" she gave a modest smile, to which Myeong again bowed with an acknowledging one, "I hope so as it's our last year of highschool"