26. IF I HAVE A CHOICE

Just think of the fun things we could do'Cause I like you

'Cause I like you

Days started to becoming hotter day by day, giving the feel of the last days of May, long forgotten the soft pink clusters on the trees and ground, now new lush green leaves were already sprouting as the weather transits from summer to spring. Temperatures are becoming more constantly mild.

The first terminal exam is nearing as each day pass by and so thus summer.

Summer is just too bad for exam, Myeong thought. As if the sun's heat wasn't already enough for studying. One day before the food festival and as she has talk to some of Wonbin's friends at school, she was indeed begining to think that maybe some hours of evening with them won't be so sad as she as thought.

"Do you have class with Wonbin today?" Haneul asked as they were going through the hallway after the school hours.

The golden rays of the sun fell, slanting, at the edges of the floor and on their face as they walk by the glass shields. Sora did half class today due to headache problem which didn't get better even after being absent for two days.

"No, I went yesterday" Myeong answered, getting that her friend still hasn't been fully aware about her study routine with Wonbin.

Their last class went few minutes longer for which the school was already empty till they leave. As both the girls were passing by the last floor, they stumbled upon Eunseok and Seunghan, coming out from the teacher's room, with books and copies.

Myeong attempted to greet a hello as they were nearing each other but Seunghan did it before. "Hi"

Eunseok followed too with a short tug of his lips but bidded a "bye", humourous yet logical as they were going to the opposite ways, at which both Myeong and Haneul chuckled along with Seunghan, who bumped his fist at the taller's shoulder.

"Eunseok is so funny though" Haneul spoke, looking back at the two guys who were probably using the backside stairways to leave.

"Hm?" Myeong thought amazed by the statement, not being able to recall if she ever saw him adding anything to the loud jokes of his  friends.

"Yeah. I'd have shown you but you weren't in the class that moment. Eunseok was zoned out and didn't realise that he was staring at the student infront of me until she pointed at him with a questioning look and he just showed a thumbs up"

Myeong laughed, looking forward at the main gate they were nearing to. But her pace slowed down, when she saw Wonbin standing near the gate. And he was talking to Jia.

If Haneul wasn't present there, she would have stopped on the spot.

She has been seeing more of them talking to each other during breaks or recess and Myeong knew the reason. They were participating in a group competition which is said to be held in another school. It is intranational—she read in the poster etched on the board a few days before.