55. HOW TO DISAPPEAR

The sunlight poured through the white curtains into the bedroom floor

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The sunlight poured through the white curtains into the bedroom floor. Body covered with the light blanket, Myeong stirs on the bed as she suddenly starts feeling hot, her neck sweating.

For a moment she couldn't different whether it's night or morning until opening her eyes to find Haneul by her side, recalling she laid on bed alone. As she becomes aware of her surroundings, she realizes the heat of the day is already making her body sweat.

The room feels stifling, and as Myeong attempts to get up, she notices aches throughout her body. Her head throbs heavily, causing a dizziness that emanates from within.

The aftermath of the previous night's revelry becomes palpable as she navigates the discomfort of a hangover, the memories slowly coming back into focus now recalling the second glass of wine she didn't miss to take.

Feeling the effects of the hangover, she massages her throbbing head and tries to alleviate the discomfort, witnessing the aftermath of being heavily drunk.

The sourness in her throat adds to her overall sense of unease. As she deals with the aftermath, Haneul wakes up. Despite not being in as bad a condition as Myeong, she taps on her thighs, asking with curiosity, "When did you go to sleep?"

"I don't remember..."Myeong mutters, not wanting to speak much while Haneul recalls what happened yesterday night, now getting out of bed to get her phone from the table nearby. "Did Wonbin come to your house?"

"Why would he..." Myeong, unknown to the events of yesterday night, dismissively responds.

Doubting her own memory, Haneul tries to piece together the events of the previous night, eyeing the girl with lost eyes who now was trying to stand properly on the floor, feeling head in a whirlwind of pain.

As Myeong heads towards the bathroom, Haneul suddenly recalls, "Didn't you call him on the phone and tell him to come to your house?".

Myeong stops in her tracks, her eyes widening in realization and drops the towel on the floor. Nervously, she walks back to Haneul, admitting, "I cancelled doing the dare. Didn't I?" She stares at Haneul for a confirmation who takes some time to recall.

The morning unfolds with a mix of confusion and revelation, the aftermath of a night filled with unexpected twists as Myeong tries to recall an answer for her doubt, hoping the boy didn't actually visit as she slowly starts to believe she has indeed sent a text to him, if not a call.

Her body aims for her phone on the table when the bedroom door opens strongly, revealing Micha enters the room, appearing fully clean as if the events of the previous night hadn't left a trace on her.

She goes to Myeong, patting her on the head, and asks how she's feeling. Then, turning to Haneul, who hums an "okay."

Myeong asks after realisation "Is Daeun already awake?", to which the older girl confirms with an assuring smile "She is in the kitchen making breakfast" She looks at both of them before adding "and don't worry. I only told her that you two drank only the remains of the first bottle and also disposed the other emptied bottle in the garbage before she woke up, which has been picked up by now"