43. WHAT IF

MYEONG

MYEONG

I didn't accompany to my friends' planning in eating out together after school yesterday. I already didn't have the appetite for any outside food and as soon as school ended, I went straight to home, craving rather my bed and a glass of cool water of my house.

My mood was deteriorating and still is.

I hope Minhyuk didn't mind although I said sorry with an actual excuse that I was not feeling good enough to go somewhere else after school as I didn't have any energy to make up things nor lie, when everything is actually true.

I had to gather some courage in saying that to him as he looked hopeful but I didn't want to force myself when I know I can be free with them any other day and promised to tag along some other day.

Rather than waiting for Monday and considering how easily I forget things, I decided to bring the poem book to school; it's Wednesday today and I'll forget if I wait even till tomorrow or next week. But I couldn't see Wonbin in the class, neither during the short break nor even in the recess time when half of the building is scattered over every corner of the school.

Seeing Haneul sitting alone in her seat, after searching for Wonbin through the whole building to give him the book—I have rarely been seeing him inside the class—even going with Sora to the basketball court, I took the seat beside her to see what she was reading.

The book which she borrowed from the library yesterday was in her grasp, gently hold by both sides with each of her hands, as if she would ruin the clean paper edges.

"Is this that interesting that it got you reading during school time also?" I spoke near her ear, reading along but got bored by the title already.

Romance poems isn't our cup of tea but that's the same thing Haneul seemed to be seeping all day, since morning.

Haneul never reads outside books during school time. She never likes the idea, thinking it's more like carrying the book all the time in the bag and hands and least on actually reading it; a thought I share as well.

"Romantic poems can be good actually" Haneul voiced, seeming to reread the same poem as I observed her eyes moving to the top of the unflipped page.

"They are. But I can't stick to them longer" I replied, as more in to make a sound in the silence of the classroom even though she didn't ask; Haneul already knows it.

"But you should try this. Seems like Sungchan has great taste in poems"

I hummed, again just to show I am giving her heed before jumping on my own seat to do some studies than just loitering around.