FOURTEEN

WE HAVE A PROBLEM.......

Pulling up in the school's parking lot an hour later, the girls grabbed their backpacks before getting out, throwing their now empty Starbucks cups in the nearest trash can Lilliana followed her bestfriend into the school building. The two made their way down the hallway buzzing with learners to their lockers when Tessa let out an exasperated groan closing her locker "Ugh I can't take it anymore.." leaned against it with her books in her hands pressed againg her breasts and asked "....how did it go with you and your new friend last night??"

"ugh don't remind me" the girl let out a pained groan of frustration at the memory, slamming her locker door shut before walking away "was he that bad??" Tessa pried hurrying after her, Lilliana shook her head causing Tessa's brows to knit together in a confused frown "...then what is it??" She impatiently asked stopping behind the girl

Sighing, the girl stopped in her steps and looked back at her curious friend "We didn't do it" she murmured to avoid people hearing their conversation, Tessa gasped in shock "what‽‽" her voice coming out a little louder than she expected causing people around her to turn and look at her, scowling disapprovingly at them she shook her head and continued walking, grabbing Lilliana by her elbow she pulled her along and tauntingly asked "..so you went in there to what....cuddle??"

"Of course not, we went in there to....sleep together" Tessa snickered at her careful choice of words but let her finish explain "...and we would have had Damon not walked in on us" Lilliana grumbled the last sentence, and once again her friend covered her mouth to stiffle a laugh, this time earning herself a glare from the girl "I'm sorry but Damon was at the club....and you didn't know‽‽" she said, again teasing her friend, the girl had made knowing the man's whereabouts a part of her everyday routine ever since she was twelve and she would've known where he planned to go last night if it weren't for that Caitlin Bathory.

Lilliana rolled her eyes pushing the door to their first class open and walked in with Tessa following close behind her "WOW‽‽ collar me impressed....you're really losing interest in the guy, I guess it's a good thing he rejected you then" she said walking to her desk and dropped her backpack over the wooden plank along with her books, and pulled out a chair before sitting down on it. But if only it were that simple, Lilliana silently sat down wishing that her words were true, it had been days now since that day and yet tears still pricked the corners of her eyes everytime she thought about what Damon had said to her, his words were like thorns stuck in her heart....she couldn't notice or feel them until someone pressed hard enough and no matter how hard she tried she couldn't take them out.

"Okay everyone, settle down" the sound of their English teacher, Mrs Williams walking in their classroom snapped the girl back to reality "...let's take out our novels and continue were we left, turn to page 70" shoving the thoughts of Damon on the far back of her head were they belonged Lilliana pulled out The Great Gatsby novel from her backpack and flipped through the pages stopping on the said number and listened as Mrs Williams explained the author's meaning and feelings to the class, pausing every now and then to answer some questions and indulge in the students' arguments about the book.

"Now that's the power of a great book....to be able to arouse different feelings and opinions in each individual" she said her lesson cut short by the loud ringing of the school's bell, Lilliana grabbed her backpack from the ground, cleared her desk and left the classroom with her bestfriend to go to their next class "I'll see you at lunch" Tessa waved at her heading to her next class in the other wing of the building "see you" the girl said walking to her locker to get her science books before heading to the said class and sat down in her usual seat.

An hour went by followed by another and it was lunch time, walking out of her third class Lilliana met with her friend at their usual spot......infront of their lockers and the two walked down the hallway to the cafeteria together, grabbing an empty tray each, they joined the queue to get food with Tessa standing in the front.