FOUR

SNOWFLAKE....

Early Saturday morning, Lilliana was still deep under her covers dreaming when her phone rang, the loud ringtone disturbing her sleep and forcing her to wake up. Groaning she patted the space under her pillow for her phone....were she left it the night before with her hand and dragged it toward herself, she swiped her thumb across the screen to receive the call and flipped onto her back, placed the phone on the pillow next to her ear and said "hello??"

"Am I speaking to miss Barnette??" An unfamiliar feminine voice politely asked from the other side of the phone, the girl frowned quickly getting her phone from the pillow to look at the screen for the caller ID but was greeted by the words unknown number, she pondered for a second on what to do next before replying "yes??" Unsure if she should even still be talking to the stranger

"Miss Barnette, you're speaking to Agnes from the veterinary clinic....I'm calling to let you know that your puppy is okay and ready to come back home" lilliana sighed in relief face palming herself inwardly for her unnecessarily freaking out and sat up straight "oh, I'll come get her at.." she pulled her phone back a little to look at the time on the top of the screen before saying "....10:30??" and disconnected the call after she and the woman had agreed on the same time, tossing the bed covers off of her legs she crawled out of her bed and, suppressing a yawn and made her way toward her bathroom for her everyday morning ruitine, stopping infront of her mirror she pushed her hair back with a headbelt and grabbed her toothbrush from inside one of the drawers, applied a toothpaste on it and brushed her teeth while her bathtub filled up with warm water before stripping out of her pajamas and stepped in the tub for a change.

She stepped out 30 minutes later just when the water was starting to get too cold than normal for her body to withstand, her fingers were pruned from having spent a lot of time under the water, wrapping a towel around her wet body she slipped her feet in their comfortable sleepers before making her way to her walk-in closet, she put on a pair of blue denim shorts and a white tanktop matched everything up with a pair of white Nike sneakers before heading back in the room and sat infront of her mirror to do her make-up and restyle her hair.

Satisfied with her look she grabbed her phone from her bed, requested an Uber and left her room, she walked down the stairs into the kitchen for something to eat while she waited for her cab to arrive, on instinct she opened the oven to check if her father had made her breakfast like he always did but found nothing, the man hadn't come home last night, sighing she opened one of the cabinets and pulled out a box of her favorite cereals, placed it on the kitchen counter before walking to the fridge to get the milk, she grabbed a bowl from the ones drying on the disk rack and walked around the kitchen to seat in one of the kitchen stools, pulling the box toward herself she poured its contents in the bowl before adding milk and started eating.

Her phone lit up minutes later with a text from her Uber driver, letting her know he was waiting outside. She got up and walked to the sink, opening the faucet she rinsed the dirty bowl and placed it back on the rack to dry before leaving the house "hey" she greeted jumping in the backseat of the Uber, giving her a polite nod the driver started the car and drove the girl to her destination.

He stopped infront of the animal clinic sometime later and the girl stepped out of the car, she made her way inside the hospital and said "hello, I'm here to pick up my puppy" stopping infront of their front desk, a girl in scrubs and a volunteer tag on the left side of her chest smiled politely and asked "what's the name of your puppy??"

"Snowflake, she's a pomeranian" the girl checked the puppy's name in her computer before looking up at lilliana with a smile and said "Wait here for me and I'll go get Snowflake for you" Lilliana nodded and sat on the nearest empty chair to wait but her wait wasn't that long and the girl approached her, cradling a white ball of fur in her hands