EIGHT

REGRET??.....

"Fuck" Damon growled walking in the guest room across Lilliana's bedroom, at least he was able to get back control of his drunk mind before things got worse....that was his only solace, he punched the wall next to the door leaving a dent in the once smooth surface and rushed to the bathroom to wash his hand in the sink....needing to get rid of her scent, it was no secret he liked touching her the tent in his pants was proof enough but he knew better, he had watched that girl grow up...bathed that same body so how could he touch her like that. He splashed cold water on his face to detoxify before looking up in the mirror and groaned at his reflection when he thought of Lilliana's teary emerald eyes, did he have to be so harsh?? He wanted to go back downstairs and hold her in his arms....apologize for his behavior but quickly dismissed the thought out of his head, the chances of him not fucking her if he went back down there were close to zero at the moment and he didn't want to risk it, he instead stripped out of his clothes and got in the shower, he let cold water run down his bare body to calm his raging nerves.

He was upset but couldn't tell the reason behind his sudden anger.....it couldn't be because of the unexpected revelation about the girl's virginity right?? He shook his head, no....that would mean he was jealous or perhaps it's normal to be angry seeing as he watched the girl grow, he wouldn't want Lilliana to fall prey to a man like him....wait, man like him‽‽ boy!! He corrected his thoughts grabbing a bottle of shampoo and squirted a fair amount of the silky lotion in his palm before bringing it up to his hair and massaged it into his scalp, he wouldn't want Lilliana to fall prey to a boy who thought himself a player....that's what he meant, it had nothing to do with him.

Lilliana remained on the floor for a couple more minutes before calming down, remembering her drunk friend, she quickly wiped the tears off her face with the back of her hand and stood up from the floor, she walked to the sink to wash her face clean of any traces of her crying and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, pouring the cold liquid in a glass she grabbed a lime fruit from the fruit basket and a knife from their utensil drawer to slice it in half, she squeezed its juice in the water and mixed it with a spoon before leaving the kitchen to go to her friend, she found her were she had left her.....sleeping "Tessa??" She called putting the glass of water on the coffee table before standing over Tessa to wake her up, gently slapping her cheek with her fingers. It took a couple of tries and the girl finally woke up "what??" she grumbled touching her cheek "you can't sleep like that, you'll be sick in the morning" Lilliana said getting the glass of lime water and gave it to her friend "...drink all of it and then you can go to sleep" she told her, tired for an argument Tessa did as she was told, gulped down the bitter solution and gave the glass back to Lilliana before closing her eyes again

"no no no no, not here" Lilliana said grabbing her hand and gently helped her up to her feet, she walked her into the nearest guest room right on the ground floor and dropped her heavy body on the bed, she sighed getting on her knees and started undoing the straps of Tessa's heel sandals, she took them off dropping them on the carpeted floor one by one before putting her legs on the bed also and stood up, she walked toward the closet and looked inside for something to put on, she found a towel, wrapping it around her body she made her way back to the living room to clean the mess her friend had made before coming back to the room and joined the now snoring Tessa on the bed and tried to sleep....tried, but her mind wouldn't let her, anxiety about what had transpired between herself and her father's bestfriend minutes ago wouldn't let her, rolling out of bed she walked to the window seat and wrapped her fingers around the small handle.....her mother once told her that the whispers of the wind were the best lullabies to put one to sleep, pressing her palm on the cold windowpane she gently pushed the window open, immediately her nostrils were greeted by the sweet smell of roses carried inside the room by the cool breeze as the windows opened right into the rose garden, smiling she took a deep breath of the calming air and leaned her head against the glass and stared up at the starry night sky cuddling a cushion in her arms.