XXVIII

CHAPTER XXVIII
————————————————————
TUESDAY
AFTER SCHOOL

GETO AND I ARRIVED AT THE MOVIE THEATRE BEFORE ANYONE ELSE AND SO WE WAITED ON THE COUCHES OUTSIDE.

We made simple conversation while holding hands and after a while, we finally spotted Gojo walking with (2) and a girl who I think is Utahime.

Shoko and (1) followed behind them and so Geto and I walked to meet them at the main area.

"Why are you two so early?" Gojo laughed.

"We had nothing to do after school so we went shopping," Geto said casually, making (2) give me a glare.

"I'm Y/n, and I assume you're Utahime?" I introduced myself to the girl.

"Y/n don't tell me you're dating one of these boys." she grabbed my shoulders worriedly.

"No no not at all!" I laughed.

"These boys are mean! The whole car ride was just Gojo making fun of me." she glared at him.

Gojo and Geto had cheeky smiles on them as they watched us.

"Shoko!" she ran over to her and hugged her tightly.

"Let's get tickets." Geto motioned for me to follow him.

After 10 minutes of arguing over seats, the whole group finally came to an agreement.

Geto, me, (1), Shoko, Utahime, Gojo and (2) will be sitting in that order.

(2) was insistent on sitting next to Gojo no matter what, and they were also very clear on not wanting to be next to me. Which kinda hurt.

Geto and I exchanged awkward looks while (2) made a big deal about the seating arrangement.

We all got food and entered the theatre with no problems.

After a while of getting situated, we were all comfortably sitting.

The movie started and all of our attention was on the screen, so much so that I was taken by surprise when a hand landed on my thigh, making me look at the boy next to me and smile at him.

I put my hand over his and our fingers intertwined as we watched the movie.

I looked over to the other side and everyone looked very occupied, which reduced the risk.

(1) leaned over to my ear to make a comment about the movie and I watched as their eyes trailed down to my thigh, and definitely saw our hands together.

They looked shocked and looked at me with nothing to say.

I looked at them worriedly as I shook my head and told them to keep it between us.

-

After the movie a few of us went to the bathroom and by the time Shoko and Utahime left, all that remained was (2) and I.

(2) seemed frustrated and gave me dirty looks, so I felt the need to break the ice.

"What's your issue with me (2)?" I said calmly.

They looked at me, shocked that I brought it up, which made them angrier.

"You're the issue Y/n, you were never like this."

"Like what? I need to know what's wrong so I can work on it."

"You were never this confrontational, you never laughed at jokes, you were quiet, you weren't talkative and that's what you used to be like."

"Do you prefer it when I had no personality around you?"

"Your only personality is trying to get with Geto and Gojo, and it's not even considered a personality."

"What are you talking about (2)."

"You were never meant to be part of the friend group, you were never meant to be invited to dinners and parties at Gojo's house."

"Your so-called best friend is inviting me, what's the issue there."

"So-called best friend?"

"Geto is his best friend, and by the looks of it you don't even see him as one."

"What do you mean?" they got angrier at me.

"It's not my fault I get invited, it's not my fault that I get included, there's a reason you don't get included."

"What reason? I've done nothing wrong."

"Because you act like this, you're sour, you're rude and you're possessive over a man who isn't even your boyfriend."

"You've been all over Geto, you've been spreading your legs so hard for him you might as well take Gojo too." (2) spat.

"The only person trying to spread their legs is you, I don't understand why you're mad at me for having a friendship with Geto."

"Because he changed you, you were never like this."

"He never changed me, I can be myself around him."

"So you can't be authentic with me?"

"I can't be myself with you because you're fucking rude (2), you judge me, you make fun of me and you have this sense of superiority because you consider yourself a friend to Gojo. You're just one of the many people begging for his attention." I glared at them and left the bathroom.

"You're a fucking bitch Y/n, I hope you know that." they followed me out of the bathroom but stopped out of fear when the whole group met us outside.

"What?" Geto furrowed his eyebrows and looked at them.

"Nothing, it doesn't matter." they crossed their arms and stormed off, leaving us as a group.

"What the fuck is up with (2)?" Gojo laughed.

AM I REALLY THE ISSUE?
————————————————————
@SCYKHS